About the Enterprise Europe Network
The Enterprise Europe Network is the world's largest support network for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) with international ambitions. It has 3,000 experts across 600 member organisations in more than 60 countries. Member organisations include chambers of commerce and industry, technology centres, and research institutes.
The Network helps ambitious SMEs innovate and grow internationally. It provides international business expertise with local knowledge across a range of targeted services:
- Innovation support
The Network also offers specialised industry expertise across 17 sectors.
Local contact points near you are available for more information.
The Network manages Europe’s largest database of business opportunities. With the profiles in the database, Network experts can help businesses forge international partnerships with excellent growth potential.
- Search the database for partnership opportunities
- Register to receive partnership opportunity alerts
The Network organises 70,000 international business meetings every year. Events include:
- Matchmaking and brokerage events where SMEs can meet potential business partners
- Company missions for targeted international meetings with strong business prospects
Network experts provide advice on market opportunities to help small businesses expand internationally. More than 85 % of SMEs are satisfied with its advice.
Advisory services include:
- Practical advice on doing business in another country
- Targeted market intelligence
- Information on EU laws and standards
- Advice on intellectual property
Innovation support services
Network experts recognise innovation potential and can help SMEs shape it into commercial success. Support includes:
- Advice and help for innovative SMEs to access R&I funding (e.g. H2020, SME Instrument)
- Dedicated support services for SME Instrument beneficiaries
- Help in finding the right technology to improve your innovation
- Help in finding the finance it needs to grow
Examples and success stories
Looking for examples of how the Network can help? We have many success stories searchable by country, sector and service.
Funding of the Enterprise Europe Network
The Enterprise Europe Network was launched in February 2008 by the European Commission. It is co-financed under COSME (Competitiveness of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises) — an EU funding programme designed to encourage the competitiveness of European enterprises. The programme runs from 2014-2020 with a planned budget of EUR 2.3 bn.
How to join the Enterprise Europe Network
The call for proposals for countries eligible for COSME funding is closed.