Mission to Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand (12-16 November 2013): Exploit vast business opportunities in dynamic South-east Asian markets!
Exploit vast business opportunities in dynamic South-east Asian markets!
On 12-16 November, Vice-President of the European Commission Antonio Tajani will lead a Mission for Growth to Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand. Missions for Growth is an initiative to stimulate growth and competitiveness of European industries and to facilitate the internationalisation of small and medium sized enterprises. During these visits to non-EU countries, the Vice-President is accompanied by a delegation of European entrepreneurs.
Why is it beneficial for European companies to join?
The mission will serve as gateway to access new dynamic growth markets with political backing on European level. By joining the mission, European companies have the unique opportunity to network with local authorities and key decision makers in addition to business representatives and entrepreneurs in important growth markets in South-east Asia. Dedicated business to business meetings will be organised with support of the Enterprise Europe Network and renowned local business organisations.
European companies interested in joining the Vice-President's delegation should submit online their expressions of interest as soon as possible.
Interested companies should also register as soon as possible for the business to business meetings with companies in Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand .
Business Delegation Focus
Vietnam / Myanmar / Thailand
We encourage participation of companies operating in these sectors:
- Tourism (including: hospitality sector, tour operators, aviation, transport)
- Agri-business (including: rural development, fisheries, forest based industry, food and drinks sector, packaging)
- Manufactured goods (in particular textiles, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive)
For Myanmar 2 additional sectors are covered:
- Energy and infrastructure (including: electricity supply, natural resources, mining and metals/minerals , transport infrastructure land/sea and air, urban development, sanitation, water and waste management)
- Business environment support services (including: financial services, insurance, distribution and retailing)
Draft programme and further practical information
For the draft programme and further practical information on travel agreements or visa requirement for the Mission for Growth to Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand check our dedicated webpage.