EU-funded International Business Matchmaking Mission on Low Carbon Agriculture
01 May 2017
to 05 May 2017
EU-funded International Business Matchmaking between SME from Brazil and the EU 28-Member-states on LOW CARBON AGRICULTURE.
Agriculture has always been one of the main economic sectors in Brazil. In recent years, Brazil has played a major role in agricultural trade, accounting for 7.3% of global agricultural exports. The agribusiness trade balance has been increasingly positive until 2014 when it reached almost 80 billion dollars, vis-à-vis a national negative trade balance of 3.9 billion dollars.
As agribusiness grows stronger, new demands arise, as it is necessary to keep up with and even surpass the high production level. It is important today to reduce the emission of Green House Gases and to find some solutions to deforestation, which affects directly the production of agricultural sector.
Therefore, Low Carbon Business Action and Enterprise Europe Network Brazil are offering a brokerage event inside an International Trade Fair Of Agricultural Technology In Action, one of the world's leading fair in this business.
THE TRAVEL COSTS OF SELECTED SMEs WILL BE 80% REIMBURSED BY LCBA PROGRAM
The EU areas that could benefit from the Brazilian agribusiness' growth are listed below:
• Plant nutrition: Efficient fertilization
• Animal nutrition: Low emissions animal diet
• Biotechnology: Artificial insemination and genetic enhancement of livestock and plants
• Biological nitrogen fixation
• Planting of forests: in vitro reproduction systems, effective seed production techniques, planting, pest control, etc.
• Livestock farms: recovery of degraded pastures and integration of crop-livestock-forest
• Soil conservation: technologies for reforestation and fire detection
• Machinery industry technologies
• Precision agriculture: management of the agricultural property
• Capacity-building in Low-Carbon Agriculture
• Consultancy: GHG emission inventories, carbon storage, and monitoring tools for sustainable agriculture
• Geoprocessing: land use change mapping, modeling, software tools and satellite imagery
• Agricultural productivity monitoring and estimates: modeling and software tools
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from the EU and Brazil must register and apply at www.lowcarbonbrazil.com by filling in the Application Form, indicating their eligibility, business potential and interest to take part in the Action.
A mechanism of business intelligence and analytics will cross information from various applicants and select the best matches according to their business, technology and environmental potentials. The pre-selected companies in Brazil and in the EU will receive the assistance of the Action’s team of experts in the initial business consultation stages.
Online B2B sessions will be set for the preliminary exchange of technical information and confirmation of interests. The interactions will be facilitated by interpreters and team members. Once the assisted stage of information exchange is finished the selected companies will be invited to participate in the matchmaking mission (80% COSTS REIMBURSED). The enterprises will receive all administrative and logistic details related to the mission upon their formal confirmation to the invitation.