These are the details for the profile Austrian environmental consultancy company in the field of biophysical studies, environmental impact assessment, coordination of large infrastructure projects, landscape architecture, urban design and water management is looking for project partners.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Austrian environmental consultancy company is looking for project partnerships on international level, especially it is offering subcontracting in projects abroad and is looking for service agreements. The company offers professional competence on water management, landscape architecture, urban design, environmental impact assessment and regional development, as well as stakeholder engagement and public consultation processes and is looking for international partners for new projects.
The Austrian environmental consultancy company is active in the fields of biophysical studies, environmental impact assessment, coordination of large infrastructure projects, spatial analysis, water management such as river management and restoration, landscape architecture, urban design, vegetation and habitat surveys, nature conservation strategies, regional development and mediation of participatory planning processes.
The company was founded in 1991 and has since become one of Austria’s leading environmental and landscape planning consultancies offering consultation and advice to governments, businesses and institutions as well as environmental coordination for major infrastructure projects.
The main areas of expertise are:
• Environmental impact assessment and coordination of infrastructure projects (railways, airports, hydro power plants, main roads)
• Water management: water resources assessment and monitoring, sustainable water resources management, river- and floodplain management
• Regional planning and development: landscape- and open space planning concepts, development planning and project planning, elaboration of master plans
• Landscape Architecture and Urban Design: planning services for gardens, parks, exterior and recreational areas, roof gardens, design of industrial and trading areas, urban district planning
• Habitat conservation: re-cultivation measures for decomposition areas or waste dumps, concepts for area protection, management plans and development concepts for special natural areas.
The company is experienced in working in a foreign environment. The international projects so far encompass South-Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle east.
Due to the involvement in international development projects, the company gained broad knowledge on international environmental standards (e.g. IFC/World Bank, EBRD) as well as experience in adapting to local policies and environmental aspects. Having already worked in international environmental and social impact assessments and regional development strategies (e.g. in Oman, Slovenia, Tanzania, Albania) the company is interested in expanding these activities to other countries.
The experience shows that co-operations with skilful, local partners facilitate the management of challenging framework conditions in international projects and the development of innovative solutions. It is the company's belief that international partnerships entail mutual benefits.
Aiming at expanding the international activities, the company strives for co-operation with foreign companies working in complementary fields. Subcontracting for companies is offered that are already engaged in projects abroad.
The company offers subcontracting to principals (other companies already engaged in a project or wanting to realize an idea) in the mentioned fields to realize projects on an international scope. Also they are offering service agreements to companies in the industry which need expertise in planning etc. Special attention is given to partners from EU member states, Serbia, Albania, Tanzania and Kenya.
• More than 20 years of experience in environmental consulting.
• Broad environmental expertise
• Specialised environmental knowledge (e.g. vegetation and habitat surveys, river- and floodplain management)
• Integrative, holistic approach
• Foreign language skills (English, Spanish)
• Experience in coordination of large infrastructure projects
• Mediation of public consultation processes
• Capacity building and public awareness raising campaigns
• University lectureships and expert trainings
• Scientific research and collaboration in the thematic fields of environment and GIS (geographic information system)
• Quality management and –assurance
• GIS consulting, complex spatial data modelling and analysis as well as cartographic mapping
• Skilled in relevant software applications (e.g. geographic information system / GIS, computer-aided design / CAD)
• Specialised local knowledge and local bio-physical and social field surveys (e.g. hydrology, fauna, flora, soil, climate, cultural heritage, sociology, demographics, livelihood, land-use)
• Identification of relevant local legislation and guidelines (e.g. laws, policies, strategies, management plans)
• Establish local contacts and networks (e.g. authorities, institutions, experts)
• Local administrative project management (e.g. provide local office infrastructure, support preparation of meetings, organize workshop premises, vehicles and equipment)
• Support local data and information acquisition
The company is looking for co-operations in terms of service agreements and subcontracting in public procurement procedures, especially regarding infrastructure projects.
Multidisciplinary partners, specialized environmental consulting firms or research institutions are preferred and a strong connection to local networks would be of great advantage.
The distribution of tasks will depend on the project nature, but generally the company seeks principals for new projects abroad with special focus on EU member states, Albania, Serbia, Tanzania and Kenya.
Coordination of EU-projects
River- and floodplain management
Experience in the Arabic, African and Middle Eastern environment
Experience in working under the guidelines of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the World Bank