These are the details for the profile A Bulgarian manufacturer of essential oils and natural cosmetics, also involved in other agricultural production, offers cooperation under financial or joint venture agreements..
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Bulgarian company specialized in:
- growing of essential oil plants such as rose Rosa Damascena and lavender and extraction of essential oils
- production of natural cosmetic products
- growing of orchards – cherries, sour cherries, apples, plums and peaches
Offers to potential partners financial agreement or joint venture agreement for further development of the company's production capacities.
This Bulgarian company was established in 1990 in Plovdiv as a distillery of essential oils. During the years, the company expanded its activities and currently cultivates a plantation of 45 ha with essential oil plants (oil bearing rose – Rosa Damascena – 30 ha and lavender – 15 ha) which supplies the distillery with raw materials and thus closing the production cycle – from the plants growing to the extraction of essential oils. These plants are grown in an area in Central Bulgaria known as the Rose Valley. As its name shows, this territory combines specific climatic and soil features, extremely suitable for growing of oil bearing rose and other oleaginous plants. The quality of the distillated essential oils from plants grown in the Rose Valley (especially the rose oil) have no competition on the world market and they are prized much higher by the perfumery and cosmetic industries than the essential oils from other world regions.
Alongside with the plantation, the company grows another 33 ha with orchards (cherries and sour cherries, plums, apples, peaches) and about 20 ha with wheat and other technical crops.
The cultivated by the company agricultural land consists of around 35 ha own part as the rest of the area is rented. The distillery for essential and other oils and the machinery park are located in a close proximity to the plantation which not only eases the business activities, but is a must for the extraction of full-bodied essential oils.
Regarding the technological aspect of the company, it is used double-steam distillation technology for the rose oil extraction and therefore the by-product obtained is rose water. For lavender extraction, the company uses simplified steam distillation technology.
For its essential oils, the company has established a network of customers throughout China and Taiwan, as well as some Western European companies.
The constant evolution of the company led to another stage in its development - in 1996 an own cosmetics trademark was registered and a team of specialists and scientists - dermatologists, chemists, and technology experts began the development of a collection of natural cosmetic products with area of application in aromatherapy and curative cosmetics. Nowadays these products are being distributed in drug stores, pharmacies and cosmetic shops, holding a significant share on the domestic market. A competitor’s brand has been acquired recently and now the company possesses two registered trademarks under which produces essential oils and natural cosmetics.
As the company needs for its further development additional funding, it offers to the potential partners cooperation on the basis of financial agreement or joint-venture. The funds will be used for acquisition of new agricultural land, nearby the existing plantations and orchards and the finalization of the construction and the equipment of new distillery for essential oils, with higher production capacity and technologically advanced facilities. The estimated financial parameters are shown in the applied tables.
- Already established closed production cycle and know-how about the technology used from the cultivation of the plants to the extraction of essential oils;
- Opportunity for establishing of natural irrigation system for plantations which would save time and money;
- Domestically and internationally recognizable brands with long track record dating from 1990;
- The agricultural area provides very good soil and climatic conditions for the growing of essential oil crops and fruit trees;
- A collection of natural cosmetic products with area of application in aromatherapy and curative cosmetics has been developed. Currently offering the widest products range for these products in Bulgaria;
- Well-developed distribution channels in Bulgaria and in some of the Western European countries and Asia;
- The essential oil crops have the potential to be commercialized overseas in different forms – dried petals, dried buds, rose absolute, rose concrete, thus penetrating new market segments and increasing profit margins generated by the company;
- The modern machinery park used in the plant growing contributes for the achievement of optimal economic results
- Availability of numerous landowners in the region who are eager to sell their land which gives the company the opportunity to consolidate greater part of the existing plantations or sow new ones;
- Opportunity to apply for EU funding programs in order to finalize the construction of the new essential oils manufacturing distillery, technologically more advanced and with higher production capacity compared to the existing one;
- Recently generated Evaluation report for IMP3rove assessment issued by European Innovation Management Academy, which outlines the innovating aspects of the company as well as its comparison to competitor’s brands from the EU.
Type of partner sought:
- Business partners who operate in the same or similar industry sector – Health/Beauty, Cosmetics, Pharmaceutics or Agriculture, interested for further expansion of their product/production range and capacity, diversifying their business activities;
- Credit institutions and investors which are ready to fund such business projects, to invest in them or to create a joint venture
Role of partner sought:
- Funding further expansion of the business - complete the erection of the new Essential oils manufacturing distillery, with higher production capacity and technologically advanced facilities compared to the existing distillery, jointly with EU funding programs; Consolidation of the agricultural area upon which the crops are cultivated – buying the nearby land through financial leasing or in cash; Establishing higher production standards as investing in sustainable technologies;
- Joint implementation of the above-mentioned projects – become a shareholder in the company or instead, establishing of a mutual enterprise in the respective fields.
The amount sought is EUR 400 000 – EUR 2 000 000