If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian company based in Milan developed a novel technology for the characterization of micro and nanoparticles for a cheaper, faster, more reliable and informative characterization in biological, industrial and environmental complex fluids. This will result in boosting R&D and QC (quality control)processes during lab scale or industrial production. The company is looking for technical partnerships for further improvement or commercial agreement with technical assistance.
The sizing and the characterization of micro and nanoparticles are currently performed by means of traditional methods, usually assuming that particles are all perfect spheres of a known uniform composition. Most of the required information are foreclosed and data are affected by errors which limit the formulation, investigation and monitoring of behaviour and stability of products in pharmaceutics, cosmetics, pigments, food and agrochemicals.
The Italian company has a novel technology for the characterization of micro and nanoparticles in biological, industrial and environmental complex fluids.
The technology provides more reliable and informative information, usually foreclosed to traditional technologies, resulting in boosting R&D and QC processes during lab scale or industrial production of micro and nanoparticles.
• Provide more independent parameters for each single measured particle, allowing to: i) distinguish particles of different composition, ii) determine actual size distributions, iii) retrieve information about aspect ratio, iv) control stability/wettability, v) monitor the presence of and characterize aggregates and vi) characterize the contaminants and process scraps in fluids.
• Distinguish between particles and components of complex biological, industrial or environmental fluids, including blood, urine, etc. It opens new opportunities, such as the characterization of particles in the context where they are supposed to operate, the possibility to measure despite the presence of residues of synthesis allowing a quality control without intermediate steps such as filtration or purification or dialysis, and the detection and data rejection from results of gas microbubbles eventually present into the fluids.
• Perform in-line analysis adjusting processes parameters in real-time based on particles characteristics to reduce process time and increase synthesis yield. Few minutes are typically required for a measurement and no advance training is required.
The company is looking for technical agreement for further advancement of existing methods and products, adaptation and integration of the proposed technology into analytical, inspection, quality control and monitoring applications.
A commercial agreement with technical assistance is also welcome
The novel technoloy is able to:
• Analyze the characteristics and quality of the micro and nanoparticles used in your production processes despite polydispersity of particle size or composition;
• Monitor the presence and the evolution of aggregates, encapsulation of active principle, gas bubbles, stability and wettability of formulations.
• Measure particles behavior directly in the biological, industrial or environmental fluid in they are supposed to operate.
• Guarantee quality control of production processes without intermediate steps (as filtration, purification, etc.).
Beta Product Design completed, available for demonstration, available for service activities
The company is looking for industrial and academic players involved in the Research and Development and Quality Control of product based on micro and nanoparticles in the fields of pharmaceuticals and healthcare, agropharma and agriculture, food and beverage production, cosmetics, pigments.
Collaboration expected: improvement and advancement of existing methods and products, adaptation and integration of the proposed technology into analytical, inspection, quality control and monitoring applications.
Also commercial agreement with technicall assistance and services is welcome.