These are the details for the profile Fully funded flame retardant technology for further development in an incubator program.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Israeli MNE manufacturer and marketer of industrial chemical products is seeking flame retardant technologies and products. The company is interested in accelerating the development of sustainable new products and processes, as well as providing solutions for major global challenges within the company's incubator program. Identified technologies that meet the basic criteria (detailed in description) will receive funding to mature the technology if required, or be considered for licensing.
An Israeli chemical company is seeking innovative Flame Retardant (FR) materials and technologies. The company's incubator will fund early stage technologies to mature them towards licensing by the company. The MNE is interested in establishing cooperation under financial or licensing agreements with innovative SMEs or research institutions developing flame retardant technologies and products.
The specific interests are:
1. Brominated flame retardants compatibility improvement with non polar matrices: MNE is seeking a cost effective technology to improve the compatibility of brominated flame retardants (BFR), with non polar matrices.
Background: Brominated flame retardants (BFR) are used in many polymers, among which polyolefins which are non-polar. Being acidic, the flame retardants tend to bloom out of non-polar matrices. As a leader in BFRs, our company seeks technologies to mitigate the problem, especially in polyolefins. Encapsulation is one solution the MNE is examining, but other technologies may be considered. Special emphasis is placed on retaining the hosting polymer's properties and on low cost, being a prerequisite in this market.
Criteria: cost effective; compatible with a variety of non polar matrices; environmentally friendly; availability of feedstock materials.
2. Antimony Trioxide (ATO) alternative as flame retardant synergist: the MNE is seeking a cost effective synergist as an alternative to Antimony Trioxide to deliver halogen in the gas phase from plastic composites during combustion
Background: As the field of flame retardants evolves, so is the need for better and more cost effective synergists. ATO has served for years as the major synergist for Halogen based FRs. Current fluctuations in price, and the ongoing need for innovation dictate the need to develop alternatives. As a leading FR producer, with particular strength in Halogen based ones, the MNE seeks to replace the ATO with an equally effective, yet price effective material.
Criteria: cost effective; sustainable; low carbon footprint; availability; similar to Antimony Trioxide in its influence on physical/mechanical properties of the plastic
3. Intumescent flame retardants for polyolefins: the MNE is seeking novel Intumescent flame retardants for use in polyolefins. The MNE are particularly interested in polypropylene, EVA and polyethylene.
Criteria: compatible with the polymeric matrix; efficient at meeting required FR standards for the intended application; non water soluble; not intended for use as a coating; environmentally safe; cost efficient.
4. Non halogenated reactive flame retardants for textile: the MNE is seeking durable, formaldehyde free non halogenated reactive flame retardants for use in textile
Criteria: Efficient at meeting required FR standards for the intended application; Environmentally safe; Cost efficient.
5. Non halogenated flame retardants for polyamides and polyesters: the MNE is seeking novel non halogenated flame retardants for use in polyamides and polyesters.
Criteria: Compatible with the polymeric matrix; Efficient in meeting FR criteria such as UL-94 and LOI requirements; Minimal impact on electrical and mechanical properties in the end-application; Environmentally safe; Cost efficient.
6. Reactive non-halogenated flame retardants for epoxy formulations: the MNE is seeking novel reactive non-halogenated flame retardants for epoxy formulations
Criteria: Efficient in meeting FR criteria such as UL-94 and LOI requirements; Minimal impact on electrical and mechanical properties in the end-application; Environmentally safe; Cost efficient
MNE is seeking collaboration with an entity that has R&D facilities and is interested in developing the technology further.
The company is seeking the following technologies and/or products:
1. Brominated FR compatibility improvement with non polar matrices
2. ATO alternative as FR synergist
3. Intumescent FR for polyolefins
4. Non halogenated reactive FR for textile
5. Non halogenated FR for polyamides and polyesters
6. Reactive non halogenated FR for epoxy formulations
Any stage from the concept stage to the available for demonstration stage is considered to collaborate with.
Any IPR status of the requested technology is possible for cooperation.
Type of partner sought: SME or Research institutions.
For the purpose of maturing flame retardant innovative technologies with the utilities and expertise of the Israeli Industrial partner.
Companies/institutions of interest will receive full funding/licensing agreemnt for maturing the selected technologies.
Analytical laboratories, pilot facilities and high level R&D teams will be available to partner.