These are the details for the profile Handmade ethical labelled women’s clothing from Greece offered for commercial agreement (agents and distributors).
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Greek company with an ethical label specialized in manufacturing high-quality handmade women’s fashion items (dresses, skirts, trousers, tops and jackets) using fair-trade, eco-friendly fabrics (mostly certified organic cotton) offers its products for commercialisation on foreign markets. The company seeks partner offering trade intermediary services (agents and distributors).
This Greek company manufactures high-quality handmade women’s clothing items, all available in bright eye-catching colours:-
- fitted dresses
- shirts and tops
- trousers, shorts and all-in-one jumpsuits
- blazers and jackets.
It uses fair-trade, eco-friendly fabrics (mostly 100% certified organic cotton, as well as natural linen). The company designs high-fashion items with an ethical label, producing stylish and timeless womenswear locally in Greece. The clothes are printed with water-based prints, based on original ecological paintings produced by a Dutch artist, which gives a fresh and modern approach to the clothes. The clothing designs are inspired by the breathtaking and versatile natural environment of the Greek islands. The collections mostly concentrate on spring and summer seasons.
The company is looking for trade intermediary service providers to commercialise its eco-friendly branded products on foreign markets. It is interested in concluding agreements with agents, representatives, distributors.
The company mainly uses 100% certified organic cotton and, through responsible sourcing of its materials, actively supports fair-trade producers in developing countries, to ensure a safe, healthy, non-abusive, non-discriminatory environment with decent wages for textile workers to adequately cover their living expenses.
The company’s aim is to provide high fashion from sustainable materials and to educate consumers about the benefits of organic cotton. By supporting fair-trade producers and organic farmers, it is helping to make the fashion industry more sustainable, moving from throwaway fashion to beautiful, timeless and long-lasting items.
The company upholds the fair-trade principles of:-
- creating opportunities for economically-disadvantaged producers
- operating with transparency and accountability
- offering capacity-building opportunities to producers
- promoting fair-trade values and products
- paying a fair price, one that is agreed through dialogue which covers the cost of socially-just and environmentally-sound production
- ensuring gender equity and the empowerment of women
- providing safe and healthy working conditions
- respecting the internationally-recognised convention on children’s rights, particularly related to child labour
- encouraging more environmentally-friendly practices, particularly in the clothing sector
- trading with concern for the well-being of marginalised small producers, to maintain long-term relationships and provide prepayment when needed.
Types of partner sought:-
- trading company
- commercial agent
- product representative
- clothes distribution company
- clothing retail outlet or company with ability to provide showroom space for display of Greek products.
Field of activities:-
- clothes trade (import - export - sales)
- product representation
- product distribution.
The Greek company is particularly interested in commercial partners with knowledge and experience of fair trade products, but this is not essential. Foreign companies with well-established commercial networks in the field of fashion are of especial interest.
The organic cotton fabrics which the company uses are imported by two UK companies which work directly with specific communities in India. Other natural linen fabrics and the 100% certified organic cotton blend fabrics are imported from a Dutch company which co-operates with a certified factory in Turkey operating under the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).