These are the details for the profile A Danish toy distributor seeks manufacturers of wooden and textile toys.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Danish company in the children’s toys sector is looking for a partner to produce some of its wooden and textile toys outside Denmark under a manufacturing agreement, in order to fulfill their growth strategy and volumes. The ideal manufacturer will be based in Eastern or Central Europe, but if the price/quality ratio is right, other countries will also be considered.
Having been established in 2001, the Danish company is selling toys and promotional items on the local B2B market. They distribute three different proprietary brands, and in addition they have introduced complementary products from other Danish and also German manufacturers to their clients.
As all of their own products are currently produced in Asia, they would like to start out by manufacturing approximately 5% of their products in the EU, that is approximately 75 different products. In the first stage, the orders are to be jointly agreed on by both parties in order to ensure a good start. Provided that the potential manufacturer can deliver the goods by October 2017 and that the collaboration goes as planned, the orders will increase on a yearly and customer demand basis.
A manufacturing agreement will be offered to a company that delivers CE marked wooden and/or textile toys and meets all the necessary quality standards/tests. As there is a large number of products to be produced, specific drawings will be forwarded to the manufacturers who meet the requirements.
It is a must that the manufacturer:
● Can deliver general test reports (e.g. EN 71-1/2/3)
● Has access to SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance) or Intertek testing labs
● Does not have its own range of children’s toys.
The potential partner must:
1. Have extensive experience in terms of working with and modelling wood.
2. Be able to source the wood themselves (the use of FSC certified wood would be an advantage but it is not a must). The wood to be used in manufacturing should be of a lighter tint, with flexibility as to the exact type of wood (the wood used at this time is rubber wood).
3. Have the necessary wood cutting technology in order to deliver high quality products.
4. Have a painting and drying section for the products (the partner should source the paint themselves). The painted to be used should be free from dangerous additives, etc.
5. Be able to offer packaging and labelling for the final products.
6. Be able to deliver the placed order within a period of maximum 2 months (this is of course order dependent).
7. Overall, the manufacturer should respect the requirements specified in the Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC.
The following would be an advantage:
8. If the potential partner already has experience in manufacturing children’s toys, but this is not necessarily a must.
9. If the manufacturer has the facilities for producing a mix of wood and textile/knitted toys or can outsource the textile/knitting manufacturing to a reliable partner - the practicalitites and details of such a collaboration are to be established at a later time if the right partner is found.
The ideal partner is an experienced manufacturer of children’s wooden and textile toys, who can also supply necessary packaging. It is not a must that the same company can make both type toys.
It is also important that the partner respects good working conditions and complies with the following certification standards:
EN 71 (the EU standard for safety requirements for toys)
The manufactured products must of course also meet all the legal requirements for CE marking.