These are the details for the profile Italian company offers low-cost, custom sensors for process control in chemical, food processing, paper and water industry.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian company has developed an innovative method of chemical sensing & process control; the devices are flexible, modular and lead to a more efficient process control at a lower cost. The company seeks industry partners in food processing, paper, metal treatment, chemical or water treatment. Technical/research cooperation agreement is envisaged, as well as commercial agreement with technical assistance or joint venture agreement to companies willing to apply and adapt the technology.
An Italian company is expert in the development, prototyping and production of customised measuring devices used in the quantification of chemical parameters in liquid or semisolid samples. Its expertise comes from ten years of research in the academic context joined with relations with industrial partners. The company currently develops and sells custom measuring devices for process control and sensing of chemical parameters in liquid or semisolid samples especially in production plants, laboratories and field use.
New approaches to continuous process control is increasingly becoming essential for the workflow in the chemical, food and, in general, production plants; it is also mandatory in order to meet environmental regulations. Moreover, rapid changes in manufacturing require highly customisable systems. Customisation is a key aspect, but only few companies have the proper know-how and explicit mission to satisfy customers' needs. The company's development workflow, on the contrary, proceeds step-by-step from customers' requests to the final working solution; the project management quickly reacts to clients' inputs, leading to fast prototyping and system integration of devices. In conclusion, currently available products do not overall satisfy sensor market's needs both in terms of cost and performances.
The Italian company studied new approaches to continuous process control and has developed services which supply suitable sensing devices meeting specific customer requirements. The technology offered is based on amperometry, which offers several advantages (in terms of cost, fast answers, ease of use etc.). It exploits innovative materials and non-conventional analytical procedures in order to solve process control challenges in industrial fluids. Sensing elements, electronic components and relevant controlling software are integrated in cutting-edge devices.
Solutions proposed have several advantages if compared to potential competitor ones, some of which thanks to the technology which:
- has a low cost;
- is flexible and modular. These new measuring devices can be easily adapted to different, new operating conditions or new problems; devices can easily integrate sensors into industrial plants and control systems;
- is customised to different applications.
- chemical industries;
- food processing industries;
- plant manufacturers;
- metal treatment industries;
- paper industries;
- water treatment industry
- system integrators in sectors above.
The solution impacts different industrial sectors:
- innovative sensors for process control in food industry;
- monitoring of metal finishing treatments;
- determination of strong oxidants in pulp bleaching processes;
- innovative sensors for drinking and waste water in compliance to recent regulations (e.g. Chemical Oxygen Demand estimation);
- sensors for determining state of charge in redox flow batteries.
The company is looking for industry partners in the fields of foodstuff preparation, pulp and paper production, fermentation processes, metal treatment, waste and drinking water treatment. Target partners are enterprises looking for novel analytical devices in interested in optimizing process control through the quantification of challenging analyses.
Industry partners sought should cooperate with the Italian company in the customisation of the technology and its application, then apply and use the technology.
Technical or research cooperation agreement is envisaged, as well as commercial agreement with technical assistance or joint venture agreement.
- are based on amperometry (advantages: they give fast answer, are easy to use, need very low maintenance, are inexpensive, and are easy to integrate in an automatic device);
- exploits innovative materials and non-conventional analytical procedures;
- have simple construction (no moving part) and very low maintenance;
- are fast ad easy to use;
- have a low cost;
- are suitable for “hard jobs” (turbid, semisolid samples);
- are suitable for in- and on-line analysis;
- are available in a portable configuration;
- are adapted and customised to customers' specifications;
- includes fast prototyping and system integration of devices.
Prototypes operating in industrial conditions are available.
Currently the company serves a number of customers in the Italian market (in the majority of the cases small and medium enterprises). The company is currently expanding its activities in the European context.
One of the applications is covered by an Italian patent.
Intellectual property has to be discussed on a case by case basis.
- Type of partner sought: industry (manufacturing enterprises)
- Specific area of activity of the partner: food processing, fermentation process, paper, metal treatment and chemical industry; waste and drinking water treatment industry. Partners sought can be both end-users and system integrators involved in the described fields.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: cooperate in the customisation of the technology and its application. Apply and use the technology. Characteristics: interested in optimizing process control through the quantification of challenging analyses.