These are the details for the profile Manufacturer required for patented hand hygiene decontamination unit.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A UK SME has developed an automated hand hygiene unit for the decontamination of hands. The unit achieves fast, superior hand washing results, monitors hand washing compliance and alerts and reports unsuccessful washes. The technology minimises infection risks and cross contamination and has application in environments which demand high hand hygiene standards in particular healthcare, nursing care, food and hospitality sectors. A manufacturer of the unit is required.
The UK SME has developed an automated hand hygiene unit which has application in environments vulnerable to Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) and where hand washing compliance is critical. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has provided hand washing guidance which has been widely adopted to try to reduce HAIs. The problem is however still acute. HAIs are responsible for extending patients stay in hospital, permanent disability and death and hugely impact on the cost of care.
The patented automated hands free device has been uniquely designed to reduce the risk of cross contamination and has been proven to achieve superior hand hygiene results.
The UK SME has an initial prototype consisting of a stainless steel base unit and separate hand chamber. The base unit conceals the water pressure, ozone filter, air extractor motor and heating unit and the hand chamber is fitted with preformed spray nozzles. Model variations, to include wall mounted, free standing, and mobile devices will be required.
The UK company seeks partners experienced in product design, development and manufacture to work on final product development.
• Patented hands free automated design
• Reduces risk of HAIs
• CE marking
• Significant reduction in cross contamination via aerosolization/atomisation when compared to wash basins
• Gentle rinse with lukewarm water reduces incidence of occupational dermatitis and other skin complaints
• Reduction in energy use - lower water consumption, lukewarm water, time
• Self cleaning cycle after each use
• Automatic alert for failed wash
• Automatic tracking system for good/poor washes
• Costs savings due to reduction in time taken to achieve acceptable hand wash standards
The UK company seeks a manufacturer with:
- Product design and development experience.
- Tooling capabilities
Ideally, partners will be using / have know-how of rotational moulding technology.
The partner sought must be a mnufacturer with the following experience:
- Product design and development experience
- Tooling capabilities
- know-how for rotational moulding technology
The UK company require an initial small production run but seek a reliable long term partner.