These are the details for the profile Solar powered digital display system for bus stops developed by an Italian engineering company - distributors or integrators/subcontactors are sought.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian SME engineering company, with an established international experience, has developed an innovative system for the display of information at bus stops. The system has already been successfully installed in major cities in Europe and Israel.
The SME is looking for private or public business partners, active in the traffic/infrastructure sector and interested in the implementation of the innovative system all over the world. Distributors and subcontractors are sought.
The solar powered digital display system developed by the small Italian engineering company is a simple and fast way to allow users to know, in real time, when the next bus arrives and to read any other message uploaded into the system. Each bus stop sign can be uniquely configured to display different information from the other bus stops.
The system was developed as a plug in device: once it is connected to a photovoltaic panel, the system is ready to work. The display operates with a special e-ink with extended temperature range technology, which does not require any power except for changing the image displayed. No polarizer or backlight is needed, in order to improve readability in sunlight.
The system is highly reliable, each panel individually tested and certified to last for a long time in extreme environmental conditions (from -15C to +60C). Moreover, the system is developed to ensure the best protection against vandalisms.
Data is communicated to the system through a smart embedded wireless module with networking capability: it supports the Open AT Application Framework, the world’s most comprehensive cellular development environment that allows embedded standard ANSI C applications to be natively executed directly on the embedded module. The communication between the server and system is based on HTTP protocol.
Optional additional features that can be added to the system include: humidity and air-quality sensors, advanced audio functions and Wi-Fi hotspot. The system is fully customizable in terms of design and control software. It could be installed, for instance, in a shelter or to a pole and the information can be visualized as per the client’s request.
The Italian company is looking for distributors of the innovative system in their own country and for integrators and subcontracting companies to integrate it in any desired application or incorporate it into their own devices and services.
The main advantages of the solar powered digital display system are:
- reduced installation time: no digging is necessary, since the system is solar powered and does not need to be connected to the electrical grid;
- high quality and reliable technology, which translates into a long-lasting product;
- low-maintenance equipment: virtually maintenance-free;
- environmentally-friendly, energy-saving system: no source of energy needed besides solar power;
- modular design principle;
- fully customizable information layout and system configuration, with optional additional features, such as air quality sensors, advanced audio system, Wi-Fi hotspot;
- no light pollution;
- high resolution fully sunlight-readable display for showing images, pictograms and logos;
- multi language, wide viewing angle display (nearly 180°);
- vocal announcements: an integrated speaker designed for the access to information to visually impaired users;
- battery autonomy without sunlight: 15-18 days;
- International Protection Grade: IP54.
The system has already been installed in the following cities:
Italy: Milan, Siena, Lecce, Como, Lecco
Israel: TelAviv, Jerusalem
The ideal partners could be:
- distributors and private or public businesses in the infrastructure/transport sector
- operators/distributors of public transport systems
- integrators and subcontracting companies interested in the product integration in any desired application or incorporation into their own devices and services.
The Italian company will be available for cooperation and technical assistance to adapt the system according to local markets needs.
The company’s philosophy is built on a high awareness of quality, innovative solutions and environmental protection.