These are the details for the profile A Korean SME looking for a foreign agent or a distributor for its supercapacitor with multi-functional smart grid solutions.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Korean SME, one of the leading supercapacitor manufacturers in Korea, is well-prepared for providing cutting-edge smart grid or power back-up solutions. In contrast to the second batteries, supercapacitor can demonstrate its durability with over 500,000 cycles, high power output with low ESR (Equivalent Serial Resistance) and flexible applicability in various “power” industries. The company is looking for an agent or a distributor for its product overseas.
Developing environmentally friendly and efficient energy storage system is an ongoing issue for its manufacturers. Yet, since the existing secondary batteries have not overcome the following six disadvantages, solving this issue might not be an easy puzzle.
- Too much dependence upon the chemical combination within the internal parts of electrodes.
- Low power density with difficulties of physical ion absorption and desorption
- Too long charging time
- Low charging and discharging efficiency
- Environmentally harmful
- Short shelf life
To overcome these disadvantages, this Korean firm has developed the supercapacitor, which can be largely categorized into two types:
1) EDLC(Electric Double Layer Capacitor)
2) P-EDLC(a hybrid capacitor).
Although not perfectly, supercapacitor technology can complement the six disadvantages mentioned above by providing the following eight features.
- Not only chemical but also physical ion absorption and desorption are possible on the surface of the electrodes. While they are only possible physically for EDLC, they are physically and chemically made for P-EDLC. That is why P-EDLC is called a hybrid capacitor.
- Power density is high. Respective power density for EDLC and P-EDLC is higher than that of the secondary batteries, ranging from 2 to 3 kW/kg and 1 to 2 kW/kg.
- Short charging time
- High charging and discharging efficiency (90 to 95%).
- Semi-permanent shelf life, allowing over 500,000 and 100,000 cycles respectively for EDLC and P-EDLC.
- While operating temperature range is -40°C ~ 65°C in terms of the EDLC for rated 2.5V(voltage), 2.7V and 3.0V, it is -25°C ~ 60°C for P-EDLC. Since operating temperature is wide, high power and reliable performance are achieved.
- Battery replacement is possible.
The company is looking for partners who have demands on being an commercial agent or a distributor for the following specific areas : Smart Grid, Smart Meter, Smart Home, UPS, Automotive, Renewable Energy, Battery, Energy Storage etc.
1) Exceedingly outstanding power performance overcoming the technological drawbacks of the second batteries
2) Energy efficiency utilizing one-tenth of the energy consumed by the second batteries and power density
3) High power delivery 10 times higher than that of the batteries due to low ESR
4) Reliable operating temperature range
5) Semi-permanent shelf life
6) Free of environmental harm
Korean patent granted
- Type of partner sought : Companies
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Smart Grid, Smart Meter, Smart Home, UPS, Automotive, Renewable Energy, Battery, Energy Storage etc.
- Task to be performed: act as an agent or a distributor for the Korean company’s product, supercapacitor