These are the details for the profile Austrian lighting company seeks partners for European research projects.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
International lighting consultant and research and development provider in day and artificial lighting from Austria is looking for H2020 applicants and other international research partners from industry and academia. Possible project cooperation includes research and technical agreements.
The Austrian company is well known for its functional and scientific based lighting design projects, for its studies on visual perception on light and health, and for the development of new lighting solutions and technologies. The company has participated in several national and EU funded projects as project partner as well as consortium leader. In the last years the company has used its extensive knowledge in optical design to develop its own series of patented components using freeform facetted technology. The scientific work of the Austrian lighting company results in a multitude of inventions and found its way into more than 100 patents.
The Austrian lighting company incorporates a planning department (architects, designers, engineers and technicians), a research and development department (physicists, mathematicians, engineers, psychologists) and a connected Lighting Academy for education in lighting.
The Austrian company is looking for partners with research or technical cooperation agreements to join/lead a consortium for a European research project. The company is open to start further non EU-funded research or technical cooperation with international partners too.
The aim of the research/technical cooperation is to improve the knowledge and technology in the following areas:
- Light and Health: Studying visual and non-visual/biological effects of light to measure the effects of light on humans' health, performance and well-being on a high scientific level and generate knowledge.
- Daylighting and Building Physics: Development of new daylighting systems and find new ways to include daylight into buildings and artificial lighting systems for energy-efficiency.
- Optical Design and Luminaire Development: Design and development of new reflector optics and lenses with complex facetted freeform surfaces for excellent visual quality.
- LED applications: Development of new LED solutions for in- and outdoor lighting, street and tunnel lighting as well as other applications (automotive, household appliances, ...).
The companies main activities include:
- design for interior and outdoor lighting
- development of daylight and artificial lighting systems
- applied research and development on lighting technologies
- research on visual perception and on light and health
- development of calculation (simulation tools) and measuring methods
- lighting laboratory and model making
- daylight, sun protection, cooling, heating, building physics
- consultancy for LED-applications in light
- application studies in lighting
The company performs basic and applied research and is involved in the fabrication of prototypes and commercialization of products and can therefore support a wide range of research and development activities.
Type of partner: industry or academia
Role of partner: 1) European funded project applicant who is looking for a new partner to create a consortium or is already engaged as coordinator or project partner.
2) Companies or research institutes with non EU-funded projects.