If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A French SME working in aircraft domain is looking for new electric alternators with low weight inferior to 6 kg, 90 kW maximal continuous power output in order to be used in an innovative type of aircraft. Technical cooperation or license agreement is sought with companies or technical centers that can supply a solution today or under the 18 coming months.
The French SME working in the aircraft domain needs an electric alternator for use in an innovative light and environmentally friendly aircraft.
Technical cooperation or license agreement is sought with a supplier that can offer products that maybe don't comply today with the requested specifications but with a development road map to achieve compliance within 18 months.
The provider shoud be able to design, develop and realise trials according to the requirements of the French company and produce the alternator.
Production rate : 250 per year for the aeronautical market and 1000 per year for the automotive one as automotive is also a possible market.
The product must be certified according to ASTM F-2840 within 30 months.
The supplier will be subject to controls and audits from the French company and the civil aviation authorities. It is not requested the company be a production or design organisation in accordance with Part-21 but it would be a bonus.
Ideally the specifications of the sought alternator are the following. They must be considered as a starting point for the project in order to study and optimise it and this is not a rigid word base.
- Convert mechanical power frhom thermal engine to AC electrical power,
- Speed of the shaft up to 8000 RPM,
- Output voltage : 500 V to 1000 V,
- Number of pole and phase has to be defined together with rectifier,
- Weight : 6 kg,
- Efficiency : 99 %,
- MBTF (Mean Time Between Failures) : 100 000h,
- Cooling : water or air,
- Maximal continuous power : 90kW,
- Dimensions : 400X400X150 mm,
- Interface with piston engine including flywheel replacement and vibration damping,
- Monitoring and safety devices to protect against over temperature, over voltage, over current, over speed, ...
- Data output for pilot mechanics and aircraft systems (CAN Interface)
- Full built-in test with status output on CAN bus,
- Position and speed interface with the rectifier,
- Is the starter for the thermal engine,
- TBO (Time Between Overhaul) : 2 000 hours/8 years, limited to mechanical parts,
- the supplier shall indicate compliance with Ingress Protection standards,
- Provided with CAD step files,
- Provided with full data sheet and interface description,
- Coolant temperature : 90°C
Would be a bonus :
- a combined alternator rectifier (a big bonus)
- Dual winding,
- Alternator capability to regulate the coolant temperature
The alternator must be able to resist to the following environment :
Flying with ambient temperature between -10 °C and +35°C
Storage temperature between -20°C and +50°C
Flying with relative humidity between 0 and 90 %
- Altitude :
0 to 20 000 FT : 0 to 7 000 ft
Type of partner sought : Industry, technical center
Role of the partner : to deliver the technical solution with the requested specifications - if not ready today, to be able to achieve compliance within 18 months.
Cooperation type : license or technical cooperation.