These are the details for the profile Joint venture or distribution partner sought for online monitoring sensors in water quality control .
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German SME specialized in the field of biomonitoring tools has developed a real-time permanent biosensor to monitor the quality of water. The sensor can be applied in all sectors where pollution hazards in water, sediment and soil can affect ecological integrity and/ or human health. End-users could be e.g. waterworks, the beverage, pharmaceutical or oil industry or waste water treatment plants. The SME is looking for a Joint Venture or a distributor for their sensors.
A German R&D driven SME offers online biomonitoring tools, environmental education, limnological consulting, tertiary teaching and international cooperation projects around the world.
Clean water is a limited but essential resource for all life on earth. Pollution by numerous anthropogenous substances threatens water quality worldwide. Micro-pollutant detection by chemical trace analysis is restricted to known substances, analytical detection limits, sporadic spot sampling, analysis time. Therefore, many substances and their potential ecotoxicological risk for life remain undetected.
The SME has therefore developed a biomonitoring sensor for a real-time permanent biosensing system. This sensor monitors the toxic risk of chemical mixtures on indicator organisms, recorded as stress behaviour (ventilation, avoidance, morbidity, mortality). Both, acute effects of pollution peaks due to accidents and spills, and chronic effects of low-dose substances can be detected immediately and actions triggered (water sample for diagnostic analytics). The sensor can be operated in a fix installation in-house and in situ as mobile integrated unit. About 30 indicator species (2 mm - 20 cm) (freshwater, marine, soil, sediment) have been studied scientifically.
Examples of endusers include waterworks, beverage industry, aquaculture, waste water treatment plants, waste disposals, pharmaceutical industry, oil industry, hospitals, etc
The company is looking for a joint venture agreement with a partner interested in producing and marketing the biomonitor.
Furthermore, they are looking for distribution partners for their sensor in order to gain further access to foreign markets and new application fields. Tasks of the partner would be to market and distribute the sensor.
The new sensing system is essential wherever pollution hazards in water, sediment and soil affect ecological integrity and/ or human health due to accidents, spills, sabotage, bio-terrorism, permanent effluents from point polluters, invisible hidden leakages.
The following features are unique for the new sensor:
- Modular flexible construction allowing recording of 8-96 animals individually
- High replication allows to use several species simultaneously (“multi-species”) and secure safe alarms
- Flexible design of the sensor chamber to account for different ecological needs of all animal indicators and test media.
- The specific electronics allows for recording in turbid water, soil and sediment, hence detection of both dissolved and particle-bound pollutants.
- 4 different alarm-algorithms can be chosen to secure safe alarms
- Excellent service and supervision with competent staff during first year.
- Available as integrated all-in-one instrument or as individual component solution.
- Extremely high scientific backup (ca. 25 papers published) with many different test species (marine, freshwater, sediment, soil) as pollution sensors.
- Available in research and on the market since 1998: extensive experiences with this technology available
Type of partner sought:
Industry in the water sector (worldwide active)
Specific area of activity of the partner: water sensors producers, wastewater treatment plant constructors, analytics companies
- In case of a Joint Venture the partner receives shares and should produce and market the biomonitor.
- In case of a distribution agreement the distributor should market and distribute the sensor to various fields of industry (e.g. beverage, pharmaceutical, oil industry, waterworks, water treatment plants, waste disposal plants)
The organisation is basically a research oriented company. They also have a sister organisation which is a research organisation.
Apart from Europe they have cooperations with Turkey, India, UAE, Russia, Canada, Australia