These are the details for the profile Portuguese manufacturer of innovative furniture for people with reduced mobility is seeking distributors.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Portuguese company, located in Porto, Portugal, focused on developing furniture adapted to the needs of people with disabilities, is responsible for the design and manufacture of adapted rooms with an appealing design, with a set of features automatically controlled from one single wireless point incorporated into the furniture pieces referred to as bedroom furniture.
It is looking for distributors interested to join the company’s international distribution network.
The Portuguese company is specialized in developing furniture with specific features designed to help people with reduced mobility to perform daily tasks in a more independent way.
Products have an appealing design (traditional to contemporary). All features are hidden and controlled from one single wireless remote control: a controller, a smartphone or a tablet.
The bedroom can be tailored to the needs of each client whether through design or through features.
This product helps people forget the hospital environment and is a contributing factor to emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Side rails for fall prevention or to increase comfort by being an armrest.
- Elevating board to allow an easier access in and out of the bed.
- Articulating board (head and lower limbs) to be more comfortable (for instance, people who have respiratory disturbs during sleep, elevating head’s board will make it easier to breathe).
- Transfer support embedded at headboard to allow changing positions in bed and make easier getting in and out of it.
- A removable embedded top to help the individual eat and have personal items around and easy to reach.
- Flip-down armrest to allow for easier access in and out of the armchair.
- Legrests for people with restricted mobility in lower limbs.
- Elevating armchair, almost vertically, to easily sit down and get up.
- Foot support to help people put their shoes on.
- Folding rod to easily access to clothing in the upperside.
The company is looking for distributors (not producers) to sell its products in transnational markets. Distributors will be given the opportunity to operate at interesting profit margins.
The company is interested in developing partnerships with:
- Companies selling products for people with reduced mobility
- Suppliers related to the tourism sector
- Decoration companies
This year, the company’s product has been awarded a prize for its innovative character.
A physiotherapist joined a civil engineer, a carpenter and an accountant and together created an innovative furniture brand, designed for people with reduced mobility.
The physiotherapist’s daily tasks helping patients with physical difficulties inspired the work of the civil engineer, who explored all possible mechanisms to build friendly furniture designed to improve mobility. The carpenter took these features and adapted them to different types of furniture designs. The accountant helped forge ahead with the business idea:
- A bed with a headboard and a mattress.
- A bed with side rails for fall prevention, articulating board and elevating board and with a support for the patient’s bed to chair transference.
- A bedside table with removable top, an elevating armchair with an ergonomically designed armrest, also removable, to allow for easier access in and out of the armchair.
- A wardrobe with a folding rod and foot support.
The bedroom may seem like a common room once all features are hidden. The only difference is that it is tailored to specific needs. Individuals are able to command all these features through a wireless device, such as a simple controller, a smartphone, a tablet or a PC.
The company's products are addressed to individual customers, hotels, nursing homes and senior residences.
A social attitude, experience in sales and a profound knowledge of the market (with particular emphasis on specialized stores, hotels, nursing homes and senior residences) would be desirable.
The product is currently being introduced to the market.
The company is looking for distributors (not producers) to sell its products in transnational markets.
The company is made up of people with expertise in decoration, furniture and physiotherapy.
It integrates social and environmental concerns in daily operations through the use of eco-friendly products and recyclable and sustainable materials.
The company has applied the product to CE certification.