These are the details for the profile Analysis of production processes for optimization are offered..
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A group of scientists from North-West Poland supports companies in production processes optimization. The scientists offer a wide range of analyses based on lean management methods, including: simulation models, statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE) and others. They are interested in establishing cooperation on site or as remote consultancy, in a form of a services agreement.
A group of Polish scientists from technical university offers its services in range of optimization of production processes.
Modern production processes are becoming more and more complex, and customers require shorter time of order performance, with the highest quality and the lowest price. In this case production processes optimization has become extremely important. Rapid pace of change causes that technologists do not have enough time for in-depth processes analysis. On the other hand, companies often have large amount of data, which could help them to take many important decisions.
The team has an extensive experience in developing analysis for business clients. The scientists succesfully worked on the following studies:
- Production flow redesign for manufacture of transformers and reactors.
- Standardization of maintenance operations for manufacturer of tyres and other rubber products
- Simulation of assembly lines and internal logistics for leading provider of cargo handling solutions.
- Simulation and optimization of a manufacturing line for manufacturer of hearing instruments and advanced acoustics.
- Optimization of the placement of ceramic components in a tunnel kiln for global manufacturer of bathroom ceramics.
The offer covers various analysis from area of: lean management (kaizen, just-in-time etc.), performance evaluation and optimization (bottleneck analysis, line balancing etc.) and a wide range of computer simulations. Analysis and tools are chosen for specific project and selected in rigorous scientific manner. The offered service includes diagnostics of production problem, design of solution and consultancy on implementation (conducted by client's employees).
The team includes well experienced scientists who operates on the IT faculty on one of the local universities.
Cooperation in form of services agreement is offered. Projects may be executed on site or in form of remote consultancy.
Optimization analysis allows to: detect of the causes of the problems, anticipate organizational and hardware changes, selection of the best processes' parameters and settings and determine of the impact of changes in the process.
The offered analisis leads to an increase in efficiency up to several percent.
Analysis and tools are chosen for specific project and selected in rigorous scientific manner. Every service is tailored to the client needs.
Specific area of the activity of the partner: production - any branch of industry.
Type of partner: manufacturers who need to optimize production processes in their organizations
Role of partner sought: placing an order for optimization analysis and implementation of the developed solution.
Specific tools used in work.
- Continuous improvement (kaizen)
- Workplace organization (5S)
- Changeover time reduction (SMED)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Waste reduction (muda, muri, mura)
- Quality assurance (andon, jidoka, poka-yoke)
- Production levelling (heijunka)
- One-piece flow
Performance evaluation and optimization:
- Bottleneck analysis (theory of constraints)
- Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis
- Line balancing
- Scheduling - static, dynamic, dispatching rules
- Statistical Quality Control (SQC)
- Statistical analysis - ANOVA, MANOVA, DOE, regressions
- Artificial intelligence - genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, ant colony systems, neural networks
- Multi objective optimization
- Precise modelling of manufacturing systems: cells, lines, supply chains
- Performance evaluation of manufacturing systems and supply chains
- Optimization of manufacturing systems and supply chains
- What if analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Variance analysis and variance reduction