If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
The Danish company is a global brand of decorative and architectural indoor and outdoor lighting products, designed by well-known Danish designers. They are currently optimising their supply chain and are looking for a strategic long-term manufacturing partner in Eastern Europe (Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia). The partner will deliver development, production and assembly of LED lighting products designed by the Danish company and sold all over the world.
The Danish company was founded in 1874 and has established itself as one of the key global suppliers of architectural and decorative lighting. The numerous designs, which include everything from small table lamps to large street lamps, are made from metal and glass, and the function and design of the lamps are tailored to reflect and support the rhythm of natural light. The screens are typically made of stainless steel, coated metal, chromed, copper and brass with white or possibly coloured glass.
They have a very strong global sales and branding set-up, supported by local partners in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA and Asia Pacific, as well as an international sales department which handles other countries.
Currently, they develop, produce and assemble the finished goods in Denmark carried out by different companies, but are looking to streamline the production process and find one, or several partners in Eastern Europe who can do everything under one roof. As this company is very well known in the field, they require 100% dedication to quality and need a partner with a strong eye for detail. The agreement offered will be a manufacturing agreement, but the cooperation will entail much more than just manufacturing i.e. the partner will be a long-term strategic partner, specialist in LED lighting manufacturing, involved in the project from early development stages to keeping stock and shipping the finished goods. The partner is also expected to source the required materials, which will not be supplied by the Danish company.
The size of orders will depend on the specific product group and cannot be specified at this stage, but as the company is one of the largest in the world in this field, the partner can expect reasonably large quantities. The partner is expected to deliver and have all services, tools and technologies in-house, unless it is explicitly justified due to lack of in-house expertise in certain niche areas, which can be better delivered by another local company. In this case, the partner will still be fully responsible for the quality delivered by the third party.
As it is important that the partner delivers very high-quality products at a good speed, has experience in international cooperation, including fluency in English, established contracts or relationships with local sub-suppliers (i.e transportation, materials, packaging etc.) and capacity to accept new projects of various size, the partner is expected to be a reasonably large SME (approx. 50-250 employees) but the higher end is preferred
The partner can expect that the Danish company will:
• Provide clear governance, roles, and responsibilities
• Draft sourcing agreements
• Provide all necessary product specifications
• Share information regarding the product development pipeline
• Provide 3D and 2D prototypes when necessary
• Share all necessary information for forecasting and production planning.
The search is restricted to the following countries: Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia.
For the right partner, there is a lot of potential for new and increased business.
The company is a part of one of the largest high-end design groups in Europe and has a very well recognised name globally.
The partner must:
• Design and develop LED lighting, metal working processes, painting and assembly
• Develop 3D and 2D prototypes
• Perform necessary tests in appropriate testing facilities
• Produce all the components, production kit and be involved in the whole process up to shipment
• Deliver any related services
• Speak fluent English.
The partner must be / have / do:
• Experienced in LED technology and metal processing
• Other customers within the same product field i.e. be able demonstrate scale and knowledge
• Able to assemble
• Knowledge of LEAN principles
• Flexible with production
• Modern production equipment
• Able to handle semi-finished products
• Surface treatment (powder coating)
• Metal sheet machining
• Call-off on purchasing agreements
• Quality management (incoming and outgoing)
• Warehouse management (stock keeping units (SKU), volume)
• Ability to pack, label, and ship (on-time delivery).