If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
UK company providing bespoke technical solutions and consultancy services for sustainable energy generation and waste disposal is seeking collaboration for building an off-grid solar energy system with stand-alone “pay as you go” payment process designed for non-electrified areas in developing countries. The collaboration can be based on joint venture or technological cooperation agreement with other technological consultancies or solar systems manufacturers to customise or develop from scratch.
The rationale for the proposed technology lays in the ever growing need for affordable sustainably sourced energy in most of the developing countries – a solution that caters for low income earners and smallholders.
Over 1 billion people have highly unreliable connections to national electricity grids or are without access to reliable electricity. These consumers turn to costly and unhealthy energy alternatives, such as kerosene and candles for lighting, disposable lead-acid batteries for torches, and diesel to run generators.
As an example In Sub-Saharan Africa, 57% of the population lack access to electricity. In Nigeria alone, over 100 million people, or 55% of the population, are non-electrified, mostly living in peri-urban and rural areas. In contrast, mobile networks have become the predominant infrastructure, with over 85% of the population living within mobile coverage.
With high mobile coverage and a large non-electrified population in a good number of countries within the Sub-Saharan Africa, this UK-based company sees large potential for joint development and roll-out of an affordable and sustainable off-grid solar energy solution with stand-alone payment process to help alleviate the above energy problems.
The system would have a Machine-to-Machine connectivity enabling a remote monitoring, control, and data collection, with integrated PAYG ("pay-as-you-go") or similar stand-alone mobile payment process.
The proposed off-grid solar systems would be capable of:
• Producing varying output capacities (per unit) between 30 W and 150 W.
• Efficiently storing generated energy
• Using Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) mobile technologies
• Using scratch card pin solution as an alternative to PAYG.
• Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) between units of proposed system
• Wireless processing of system information to a base control system
The company looks to collaborate on this project and share its benefits via joint venture or technological cooperation agreement with other technology solution providers or solar systems manufacturers.
The company sees this as an opportunity for a collaborative project with other interested companies that have an expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Production of small scale solar systems with varying output capacities between 30 W and 150 W per unit.
• Production of small energy storage units.
• ICT integrator of the mobile payment solution and the monitoring software suit.
• Interested renewable energy funds and investors are also welcome.
The company is interested in joint development and technical cooperation with two types of potential partners:
• Where similar technology already exists to one that is being proposed, such template could be customised to meet this request.
• Where a complete solution does not exist, this is an opportunity to develop a new product from scratch with a committed solar systems company.