If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
The Finnish company is a forerunner in forest digitalization. The company integrates multiple forest big data sources in a standardized way and implements intelligent algorithms to make forest management and monitoring simple, systematic, autonomous and cost-effective. To boost their international growth, the company is looking for European partners who are active in the field of forest and biomass industry, to enter into a commercial agency, distribution services or license agreement.
The Finnish software company in forestry sector has developed a pioneering full service solution for digital forest management and monitoring. The company's solution mobilizes the operations of forest management and bio business field work throughout the full cycle. With the solution, forest actors can create and update forest management plans and thus get real-time forest resource information to optimize logging and silviculture operations and more actively exploit and manage their forests within sustainable limits.
The solution brings efficiency gains, cost savings and environmental benefits to all operators in the forest and bio-based businesses:
- For the forest owners, the solution enables easy and remote forest management, and guides them in planning the next forest activities needed to get maximum economic benefit from timber harvest.
- For the contractors and industry, the solution decreases costs and increases margins via easy scouting and connection between forest owners and contractors.
- For the forest authority experts, the solution provides novel and standardized IT interfaces to run their daily operations.
- For the society, the solution adds societal and environmental value via promotion of sustainable forest management practices and on-time detection of forest threats.
The company is in a process of creating breakthrough innovation by offering tree-wise forest inventory monitoring and other value-added services utilizing high-resolution satellite data and aerial images collected by drones. This solution will break the conservative approach of paper-based forest management plans and offer digital and standardized forest management plans and necessary data to run daily operations.
To increase their international sales, the company is looking for European partners, who are active in the forestry and biomass industry. The partner could represent the Finnish company in their region/country as a commercial agent, or offer the company's solution as a distributor. The company could also license their technology to the partner with a license agreement.
The company's current customers confirm that the solution
- decreases operating costs by 75%,
- increases employee productivity (working hours savings) by 59% and
- improves forest resource data quality by 67%.
Embracing innovation is important for the company. In practice, the company realizes innovation by actively participating in the national and EU funded innovation projects. The company has been a member of the project consortia in the fields of e.g. data driven economy, sustainable forest production, bioenergy logistics and biomass mobilizing services.
The company is looking for partners with good networks, who are active in the field of forest and biomass industry, to enter into a distribution services agreement, commercial agency agreement or license agreement. The company is open to negotiate with the partner the exact form of partnership and the specific details of the cooperation.