These are the details for the profile A Ukrainian university offers geological modeling from magnetic and gravity data.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Ukrainian university offers a study of the structure of geological environment by magnetic and gravity data using the method of inversion of magnetic susceptibility or density for solution of problems of geology, hydrogeology, archeology, search of mineral deposits. The University is interested in long-term cooperation with potential partners (oil/gas, geological, construction, mining, archaeological organizations) in the form services agreement or subcontracting.
The University has a long-term use of geophysical methods to study of the geological structure, owns the magnetometers and methods of information processing.
Services related to the processing of geophysical observation grid for simulation of magnetic and gravity data for volume study of the geological environment. Determination of magnetic susceptibility, density, and its magnetization direction is performed for a rectangular cell of geological environment by probabilistic method, which is more consistent with the natural change of physical parameters of rocks. Profile and area observations of magnetic and gravitational fields are used to build vertical sections and horizontal slices of the geological environment. Contrast the physical parameters of the environment determines the boundary between the layers and the geometry of geological formations. The modeling can be used for prospecting and exploration of ore deposits of hydrocarbons, coal, manganese, rare earth elements and others. The results of interpretation of potential fields of the Earth can be used to solve geotechnical problems, finding of archaeological sites, underground water, caves, metal residues, etc.
The modeling can by used for many tasks:
Application in Petroleum Geology:
• Modeling of hydrocarbon traps, salt domes, etc.
• Joint interpretation of seismic and gravity data.
Use for mining purposes:
• Exploration of ore bodies and coal seams,
• Determine the contours of crystalline massifs.
Application in engineering geology:
• determining the shape and depth of buried objects,
• Exploration of groundwater.
Use for archaeological tasks:
• Identification and delineation of archaeological objects.
• Exploration of voids, caves and heterogeneities.
The modeling of the geological structure by gravity or magnetic data can identify objects that are differed in magnetic or density parameters. It may be natural geological structures (deposits of minerals, caves, voids, etc.) or man-made formation (foundations of buildings, mines, pipelines, ammunition etc.). These materials are interesting for energy and construction companies, environmental and archaeological organizations.
The University is interested in establishing of long-term cooperation with potential partners (oil and gas, geological, utilities, construction, mining companies, archaeological organizations) in the forms of agreements on services or subcontract for determination of the structure and geological section its irregularities from the first meters to tens of kilometers of magnetic and gravity data for modeling geological structure and providing of all reporting information.
• Services of geological modeling are cheaper and faster in time,
• Considerable experience in performing inversion potential fields for different tasks,
• modeling of geological environment for magnetic and gravity data has a wide range of applications from research to surface several meters to deep studies of the structure of the Earth for tens of kilometers,
• The use of original algorithms for geophysical data processing ensures the uniqueness of the information received,
• Inversion technique works without potential fields of additional information,
• modeling technology uses natural character changes in the physical parameters of the geological environment (magnetic susceptibility, magnetization and density), which is a new approach in modeling,
• Detail studies of geological environment depend on the distance between the points of geophysical data.
Type of partner: oil and gas, geological, utilities, construction, mining company and archaeological organizations.
Field of activity: search and extraction of geological materials, archaeology, geotechnical work, the search for groundwater environmental problems.
The challenges facing partner: determination of the structure of the geological section of its heterogeneities and from the first meters to tens of kilometres, interpretation of magnetic and gravity data for study the geological environment.