These are the details for the profile Innovative optical elements for lighting and building design products.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A French SME specialized in interior design products has developed high standing optical elements (slab) which can be used for several kinds of uses according to needs & researched visual effects. Design building products, furniture and luminaries manufacturers are sought for technical cooperation to adapt this technology to their products. Commercial agreements with technical assistance could be of interest too.
A French SME offers innovative means for high standing communication, design & decoration. The technology proposed is based on customized optical transparent slabs which can be applied and used in diverse ways; enabling games of light & images, bringing brightness to spaces without the use of external energy.
This is composed of an optical glass module system which incorporates 16 lenses and a frosted glass screen.
Images and lightings can be displayed in different manners:
- Casting of the images in real features (horizontal projection) on floors or walls, whatever the distance from the light source, or from the reflector and bulb. The technology suits ideally for luminaries and glasses-like displays.
- Simple replication of pictures; transmitting real pictures, multiplying images/light sources in 16 smaller scattered elements over the 16 lenses (tufting option thanks to sandy surface). Solution relevant e.g. for interior architecture elements with a potential communicative added value (doors, walling, marketing display…).
Two international patents cover that innovative transparent slab. Its primary use is to transmit light and exterior images to inner spaces, but it could be used outside too. On the whole outer surface of the optical lenses; components capture light and movements, projecting them through the slab in the form of animated images (potentially multiplying & enhancing images according to the expected games of light).
The slab is based on an optical geometric technology, capable to be customized and integrated in different environments according to the specific requirements. The slab can be cut and adapted to various shapes, especially to be placed in front of different kinds of LED lighting devices.
The French company is looking for partners open to innovations : high standing manufacturers of luminaries & furniture; design, building products suppliers; architects (interior and exterior architecture); organizations dealing with agencies for communication, design creation or artistic display.
Technical cooperation agreements for adaptation of the technology to the products of partners are proposed, but commercial agreements with technical assistance could be of interest too.
- The slab allows to modify the spectral distribution of light without use of complex and expensive solutions like polarising filters or nematic-phase liquid crystals controlled by an electric field, and to create specific lighting fractal effects. Innovative games of lights so produced enable to attract people’s attention, to enhance a product or a logo for example.
- The slab can be used in spaces open to the exterior sources of light, allowing bringing brightness and optical vision without using external energy. Enhance therefore a light source, while enabling energy saving.
- The slab can be adapted to various kinds and shapes of products ; it is fireproof resistant to mechanical shocks and stones impacts.
WO patent applied
Type of partner sought : high standing manufacturers of luminaries & furniture / design building products suppliers / architects
Task to be performed: technical cooperation to use and/or adapt the French technology to further the development of the partner's products.
Commercial agreement with technical assistance could be of interest too, the French company supporting the partner with the transfer of the technology.