These are the details for the profile Innovative processor for both, manifold promotional and PR activities, and Time Monitor as well as Electronic Expiration Date. .
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German enterprise offers an innovative processor in the form of a sticker or card that can be used for various promotional and PR activities. The invention has already received several awards (patent granted) and even the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology facilitates this enterprise. Business partners are sought that are interested in acquiring exclusivity rights for existing promotion version and future Electronic Expiration Date - Versions.
A German SME offers a comprehensive range of promotional items and gift articles. The enterprise develops most products in close collaboration with academic partners. The articles are produced according to German standard and European directives. Currently, more than 100 patented products are offered to sales partners all over the world. Thanks to long lasting cooperation agreements with renowned production sites in Europe and Asia and direct importing, the product range can be offered in a cost-efficient, flexible and fast manner – even giving leeway to individual custom-made products.
The “mission” of the offered product “Promotion Monitor”:
The product looks like an ordinary sticker but is in fact a prize draw processor which opens a window in a time frame of 3 – 4 days. After opening, the window reveals for instance a winning code, discount value, printed images etc. Therefore the product can be used for product announcement, rebate window and game of chance purposes.
The “sticker” can be used as separate ticket or be glued like a label on almost every structure and surface (e.g. flyer, brochure, business card). It consists of several superposed layers: The bottom layer can be designed in a user-defined and individual way, prize or rebate symbols etc. By tearing or turning an adjacent flap, the upper layer opens in a predefined time (within 3 – 4 days), unveiling the message of the bottom layer. The functional principle is based on a lateral self-oxidation of aluminium, while electrolyte film, graphite electrode and membrane switch are also part of the assembly.
Examples for current applications:
- Competition chain of fast food outlets: The prize, e.g. an extra Burger, appears directly on the existing winning card that shows the price directly; with the innovation the price appears later in a time frame of 3 to 4 days - in order to motivate the customer to visit the Burger shop and to consume again.
- Code in catalogues, on business cards or six-packs: The customer will look at the winning code day by day, as the first numbers always lead to the main prize.
- Cobranding: main brand of beer uses cobranding to promote the pub. Depending on the guest’s “consummation rate” and the time interval of re-visitation, the individual guest could benefit from a special card for extra drinks.
Examples for future applications:
- depending on the requirements of the advertising company, the time frame can differ between a few hours or even plenty of weeks
- Winning code, magic collection card, “3 in a row”-game or other lottery projects for professional long-term customer retention.
- New product announcement: After 5 to 1 days, the customer can see the new product.
Future scopes comprise “Time Monitor” (realizable presumably as from 2017) and “Electronic Expiration Date” (realizable presumably as from 2018) applications:
- Proof of opening date and opening time of a product (e.g. milk)
- Tamper proof
- Better assessment of the durability of perniciously food
- Assistance in „waste disposal“ of products
- Activation by customer by opening of the product
Electronic Expiration Date:
If the cooling chain is interrupted and the product is exposed too high temperatures, the foreseen expiration date of a product is reduced. Currently, a printed expiry date is just an approximate value which does not consider the temperature to which the specific product is exposed to during its lifecycle. The new expiration date technology will vary according to the temperature the product is exposed to and will provide the customer with the exact information about the durability of the respective product.
Further applications - Humidity Monitor:
- As a contact slide for the risk of microorganisms: A Toothbrush processor with expiration time of 3 months
The innovative technology of the product opens various application options in order to achieve long-lasting promotional effects. General advantageous characteristics of the product:
- Very thin and light and can’t be scratched
- Process works without battery
- Based on a unique and patented technology in 137 countries, generating high consumer and media attention.
- Innovative upgrade of new products as well as of products already introduced to the market, promising a competitive advantage through its exclusiveness.
- The labelled product can’t be manipulated – this is the key benefit compared to already existing solutions and taking into account the competitive price of the innovative technology
• Promotional Gift Award 2015 for the best finishing technology in Europe
• Honor as best idea in realization of top level research
• Significant research sponsorship of the Federal Government Department of Germany for education and development
• Supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy on the basis of a decision by the German Bundestag
The company has started the first test market for Open Monitor together in February 2016 and is now looking for reliable partners in other countries. In case of interest a résumé with the results of the current survey from a test market and the consequential competitive advantages can be placed at the disposal.
All developments for the winning processor are finished, so that mass production can start directly.
The product will be finally developed and produced in Germany. Business partners are sought that are interested in acquiring exclusivity rights (for big companies or perhaps complete branches). In smaller countries even exclusivities for complete country could be discussed.
The requested partner should have very good contacts to the respective end customers and dispose of the necessary “sales power”. The aim is to start each cooperation with the winning processor, as this application can be added on every product or packing. The remaining fields of application, open monitor and electronic expiry date, could be implemented as following steps. Detailed instruction courses will be offered for new business partners.
There are generally no restrictions concerning target countires. Nevertheless, in the first step partners from Europe, USA, Russia, China and Japan are preferred (patent registered in all these regions and countries).
Percentage of trans-national activity (defined as approximate of turnover) between 10-49%.