These are the details for the profile Innovative processor for manifold promotional and PR activities offered for licensing.
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German enterprise offers an innovative processor in the form of a sticker or card that can be used for various promotional and PR activities. The invention has already received several awards (patent granted). Business partners are sought that are interested in acquiring exclusivity rights or concluding a license agreement.
A German SME offers a comprehensive range of promotional items and gift articles. The enterprise develops most products in close collaboration with academic partners. The articles are produced according to German standard and European directives. Currently, more than 100 patented products are offered to sales partners all over the world. Thanks to long lasting cooperation agreements with renowned production sites in Europe and Asia and direct importing, the product range can be offered in a cost-efficient, flexible and fast manner – even giving leeway to individual custom-made products.
The “mission” of the offered product
The product looks like an ordinary sticker but is in fact a prize draw processor which opens a window in an individually definable timeframe. After opening, the window reveals for instance a winning code, discount value, printed images etc. Thus, the product can be used for product announcement, rebate window and game of chance purposes.
The “sticker” can be used as separate ticket or be glued like a label on almost every structure and surface (items, flyer etc.). It consists of several superposed layers: The bottom layer can be designed in a user-defined and individual way, comprising advertising slogans, prize or rebate symbols etc. By tearing or turning an adjacent flap, the upper layer opens in a predefined time (e.g. within 3 days), unveiling the message of the bottom layer (the functional principle is based on a lateral self-oxidation of aluminium, while electrolyte film, graphite electrode and membrane switch are also part of the assembly.
Examples for current and future applications
- Competition chain of fast food outlets: The prize, e.g. an extra Burger, appears directly on the existing winning card that shows the price directly; with the innovation the price appears later - e.g. within 3 to 5 days (depending on the requirements of the advertising company) - in order to motivate the customer to visit the Burger shop and to consume again.
- Cobranding: main brand of beer uses cobranding to promote the pub. Depending on the guest’s “consummation rate” and the time interval of re-visitation, the individual guest could benefit from a special card for extra drinks.
- Winning code, magic collection card, “3 in a row”-game or other lottery projects for professional long-term customer retention.
- New product announcement: After 5 to 1 days, the customer can see the new product
- Code in catalogues, on business cards or six-packs: The customer will look at the winning code day by day, as the first numbers always lead to the main prize.
Future scopes comprise “Open Monitor” (realizable presumably as from 2016) and date of expiry (realizable presumably as from 2017) applications:
- Proof of opening date and opening time of a product (e.g. milk)
- Tamper protection
- Better assessment of the durability of perniciously food
- Assistance in „waste disposal“ of products
If the cooling chain is interrupted and the product is exposed too high temperatures, the foreseen expiry date of a product is reduced. Currently, a printed expiry date is just an approximate value which does not consider the temperature to which the specific product is exposed to during its lifecycle. The new expiry date technology will vary according to the temperature the product is exposed to and will provide the customer with the exact information about the durability of the respective product.
- Toothbrush processor with expiration time of 3 months
- Cosmetic products with automatically activation of the expiry date
- Advertising and promotional advertising media (e.g. flyer, brochure, business card)
The product is interesting for business partners that are dealing with or related to one or more of the above described fields of application.
The innovative technology of the product opens various application options in order to achieve long-lasting promotional effects that are not yet availabel on the market. Advantageous aspects of the product comprise the following characteristics:
- Very thin and light and can’t be scratched
- Process works without battery
- Based on a unique and patented technology worldwide, generating high consumer and media attention.
- Innovative upgrade of new products as well as of products already introduced to the market, promising a competitive advantage through its exclusiveness.
- The product can be used in a variety of applications (see examples in description field!)
- The labelled product can’t be manipulated – compared to Label products currently available on the market. Thus, this is the key benefit compared to already existing solutions and taking into account the competitive price of the innovative technology
• Promotional Gift Award 2015 for the best finishing technology in Europe
• Honor as best idea in realization of top level research
• Significant research sponsorship of the Federal Government Department of Germany for education and development
All developments for the winning processor are finished, so that mass production can start directly.
The product will be finally developed and produced in Germany. Business partners are sought that are interested in acquiring exclusivity rights (for big companies or perhaps complete branches). In smaller countries even exclusivities for complete country could be discussed.
The requested partner should have very good contacts to the respective end customers and dispose of the necessary “sales power”. The aim is to start each cooperation with the winning processor, as this application can be added on every product or packing. The remaining fields of application, open monitor and electronic expiry date, could be implemented as following steps. Detailed instruction courses will be offered for new business partners.
Regarding the target countries where the potential client should be in operation, there are generally no restrictions. Nevertheless, in the first step partners from Europe, USA, Russia, China and Japan are preferred (patent registered in all these regions and countries).
Percentage of trans-national activity (defined as approximate of turnover) between 10-49%.