These are the details for the profile A UK developer of high performance software debugging tools for Linux and Android seeks distributors with experience in embedded systems or enterprise application development. .
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A UK company has developed high performance/low memory debugging tools for Linux and Android reducing debugging time from weeks to minutes. The tools combine offline and reversible debugging features to record, rewind and replay code in test suites or their current location. Developers can respond quickly to customer bugs, increase productivity and meet deadlines. The company seeks partners with experience in embedded systems/enterprise application development for distribution services agreement
Software developers spend 50% of their time finding and fixing bugs. Debugging software, whether embedded or application software, is a time consuming process. It reduces a company's ability to launch new products and can seriously damage the vendor-customer relationship when products are found to contain bugs.
A UK company has developed a suite of tools which significantly improves the software debugging process for C/C++ programs on Linux and Android platforms. The tools allow developers to dramatically reduce the time taken to find bugs, accelerating time to market, and enable software vendors to respond quickly and effectively to customer-reported errors.
The suite comprises a software library that allows Linux and Android programs to make a detailed recording of themselves. The recording allows a developer to see everything a program has done, including every memory access made and every instruction executed. It can be sent to a developer(s) at a remote location who can completely reconstruct the program's execution, allowing them to debug an exact copy of the bug as it occurred in-production and test environments.
The analysis of the recorded program is carried out using a reversible debugger that allows developers to step backwards, as well as forwards in the code to narrow down the root cause of the bug. The analysis can be carried out on single or multithreaded applications and applications that use shared memory. The software can be used from the command line and most front ends including Emacs, DDD, Eclipse and GDB.
The company also licenses their products for direct use at a customer site. This satisfies customers who do not want to send back potentially sensitive data to the vendor for debugging.
The company seeks partners with strong experience in embedded or enterprise application software development that have a strong track record of working closely with developers in this arena for a distribution services agreement.
• The software can be embedded into the vendor’s program and distributed with the product such that when a bug is detected, the customer can simply “record” the error and send it back to the vendor, thus reducing the input needed from the customer to fix the problem and providing a faster, fully comprehensive solution for the vendor to fix the error from their current location.
• The software can be licensed for use directly on the customer site which can be beneficial when the vendor has customers who have highly sensitive information that they do not wish to send off site.
• The reversible debugger allows the developer to step backwards, as well as forwards, through the “recording” to rapidly identify the root cause of a bug.
• The software has been optimised to work faster with lower memory consumption than any other commercial or open-source reversible debuggers on the market, cutting hours - if not days - from a typical debugging process and allowing complex code, which couldn’t be handled by existing solutions, to be debugged quickly.
• The software is available as an evaluation license for vendors to fully test before purchase.
• The software enables developers to find bugs that have been shown to be difficult, if not impossible, to find using traditional debugging techniques. It also dramatically improves performance for finding and fixing common bugs.
• The software integrates easily with existing software development environments and is fully compatible with the existing open source debugger, GDB. This allows development teams to quickly implement the debugger without the need to change their workflows.
• The software has been adopted by some of the leading software development companies and the company is able to offer strong testimonials from customers in support of the benefits it offers.
The company seeks partners who are already working with clients in the embedded or enterprise application software development area
The software is commercially available and is being used by a number of large, well-known software companies including ARM and Cadence.
US Patent Granted
The company seeks partners with experience and knowledge in the embedded or enterprise application development markets, ideally those who already have an established client base in this arena. The company is able to offer partners a full training programme to enable them, where resources allow, to support the product locally. The company is flexible on the size of partner and would like to see the partner dedicate a resource for sales and marketing activities in their local country. The company seeks a distribution services agreement.