These are the details for the profile Solutions in the caregiving of the elderly..
If you would like more information about the profile please click Request More
Information. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking for disruptive solutions that help orientating and navigating both the caregiver and the cared-for through the aging journey, as well as for solutions that help in-home monitoring and prevention of events that result in hospital visits, including mobility and fall prevention. Industrial partners or research centers are sought for license agreement or technical cooperation agreement with the large account.
The aging population is a widespread phenomenon in several regions around the world where aged population is growing much faster than the total population. It may result (or not) from the combination of 2 factors, namely a declining birth rate and/or rising life expectancy. If this latter aspect is positive since considered as a triumph of development linked to medical advances and better health care, sanitation, education, nutrition and economic well-being, it still arises real challenges at the societal level (micro for families and companies and macro for national authorities and politicians).
The Belgian multinational based in Brussels intends to tackle this challenge by identifying disruptive solutions that address some of the biggest challenges in the caregiving journey. They are mainly interested in detecting products or technologies shown to address the needs of both people aged more than 65 aging at home and those caring for them.
They are looking for solutions which fall within the following benefit areas of interest:
• Solutions that help orientating and navigating both the caregiver and the cared-for through the aging journey.
• In-home monitoring and prevention of events that result in hospital visits, including mobility and fall prevention.
The company is looking for collaboration with industrial partners or research centres able to provide the required solutions. The purpose would be setting up a long lasting cooperation allowing the large account to comply with its internal strategy and for the potential partner to interact in a systematic way with the large account so as to have immediate access to forthcoming similar requests.
Actually, for the technical cooperation, this large account intends to work together with potential partners having the suitable technical solution in line with the technical specifications listed for the purposes of this technology request.
As for the license agreement, should an already developed solution exist and be fully compliant with the technical requirements listed, the large account would envisage discussions on the terms of the license use
The company gives its preference for products/technologies that (preferred, not all are required):
• Provide consumer meaningful/measurable indication of efficacy
• Give simple feedback that the product/ solution is working and is being used properly
• Human safety has been confirmed.
• Provide rewards/delight/motivation for on-going engagement, habit adoption and continued use
The company is NOT interested in:
• Solutions for situations that involve full cognitive impairment
• Solutions in the areas of end-of-life & financial services
• Medication management with doctors, phamacies and/or insurance providers
• Technologies/products that requires extensive safety clearance or regulatory approval
• Technologies/products that require prescrption or application by a medical professional
Only non-confidential information describing the method, current use and IP can be accepted for review.
Type of Partner sought: SMEs, industry or academia
Area of expertise : e-health solutions, remote monitoring
Role of Partner Sought: depending on the product/ingredient/solution state-of-the-art, collaborate with the large account for technical collaboration or provide the technical solution sought under license agreement