The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the international response to climate change. It is a treaty that sets out the basic responsibilities of the 196 Parties (States) plus the European Union to fight climate change. It was signed at the Earth Summit in 1992 and entered into force in 1994. Chile joined that year and entered into force in 1994.
The Conference of the Parties (COP) is the supreme decision-making body of the Convention. The Parties meet annually to review progress in the implementation of the Convention, while other instruments underpinning its implementation are proposed, assessed and approved.
The first COP was held in Berlin in 1995. 24 COPs have been held to date, the last one in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018.
The COP Presidency rotates among the following 5 United Nations regions: Africa, Asia, Central, and Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Latin America and the Caribbean. This time it is Chile's turn.
Within the framework of this conference, the Eurochile Business Foundation and Madrimasd with the Network Enterprise Europe Network organizes a B2B.
It is the most important climatic event in the world
It brings together 196 countries, the European Union and several environmental organizations
The COP25 will be held in Madrid between December 2 and 13, 2019.
Who could participate?
- Circular economy companies and their entire value chain.
- Health companies
- Companies managing land and marine waste. Solids and liquids
- Suppliers of machinery, equipment, and technology for water and waste management.
- Suppliers companies in the design and construction of air quality monitoring systems.
- Consulting companies on environmental issues.
- Environmental analytical laboratories in water, waste, soil, sludge, etc.
- Companies with sustainable programs and projects.
- Financial entities with promotion lines for investment in environmentally sustainable technologies and circular economy.
- Centers of Studies, Programs, and environmental research, Universities, Institutes, Professional Associations, etc.
- Representatives of Public Institutions, Municipalities, and Associations.
- Heads of departments; sustainability area and circular economy.
- Heads of marketing departments.
- Representatives waste management companies.
- National and International Companies.
- Consultants specialized in sustainable technologies.
- Research institutes for the Environment.
- Managers, Coordinators in the sustainability area.
• Food and drinks
• Containers and packaging
• Public organisms
The registration is in the following link: https://b2b-cop25.b2match.io/