- Company Mission
- Barcelona, SPAIN
- Passeig d'Isabel 11, 1, 08003
- Host organisation
- Netherlands Enterprise Agency
Building alliances that accelerate the transition to smart and climate neutral cities
The Smart City Business Forum brings together around 400 decision makers to discuss key challenges for the smart and climate-neutral city. This year, we will focus on the private sector's role in achieving cities' smart and cllimate-neutrality targets, creating opportunities for public and private actors to connect, build partnerships and take steps in accelerating urban transformation. The program will consist of high-level keynotes, matchmaking, and workshops around spefic challenges hosted by a variety of international public and private partners.
Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) & Tomorrow.Mobility World Congress
The yearly event of SCEWC in Barcelona is the place where companies, entrepreneurs, startups, cities, and research institutions in the field of climate-neutrality and smart cities meet. This year, another congress about urban mobility takes place simultaneously. These 2 business fairs are important places to network and to do business with cities, companies, and investors.
Sustainable urban development
Cities in Europe accommodate 75% of the European population. They play a crucial role in the transition to climate-neutrality. In terms of urban sustainable development, the city faces several challenges to which technology and digitalization can offer innovative solutions. The mission focuses on the following themes:
- Sustainable building and energy (including climate adaptation, water, urban resilience)
- Circular economy
- Green and smart mobility (including smart logistics and cycling)
- Digital infrastructure (including safety)
- Goals such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and - Smart City-related subjects related to the Green Deal, Digital Transformation, and the Horizon Europe Cities Mission of the European Commission are central focusing points during this program.
The program of this mission is created in collaboration with the Trade & Innovate workgroup consisting of (local) partners such as Amsterdam Trade & Innovate, Brainport Eindhoven, ROM Utrecht Region, Rotterdam Partners and the municipalities of Rotterdam and The Hague and Enterprise Europe Network.