Virtual Mission Offshore Wind Denmark – the Netherlands 21-25 June 2021
***This event is postponed***
Discover opportunities in the Danish and Dutch offshore wind sector
Are you interested to enter the Danish or Dutch offshore wind market or would you like to expand/deepen your network? Consider joining this virtual mission focusing on the current and future developments in the Danish and Dutch offshore wind sector!
Thanks to ambitious programs of both the Danish and Dutch government and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, offshore wind developments in both the Netherlands and Denmark are going fast. In 2020, the Netherlands installed a total offshore wind capacity of 1.5GW in the North Sea, ranking second in the world after China. The government of Denmark will dramatically scale up the production of sustainable energy via offshore wind farms and has unveiled a new climate package, that aims to cut the country’s emission by 70% by 2030. The package includes the world’s first creation of artificial energy islands.
Both countries offer plenty of business opportunities and cooperation between Denmark and the Netherlands.
Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) and the Danish Wind Export Association (DWEA), supported by the Europe Enterprise Network (EEN), will organize a series of events to provide companies active in the Dutch and Danish wind sector with knowledge and connections to navigate the offshore wind market.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions the program will entirely take place online and will consists of (a):
1. Webinar (topics: offshore wind developments and opportunities in Denmark and the Netherlands, Artificial Islands in Denmark, Dutch examples for offshore wind and H2, best practices & challenges, and vision after 2030);
2. 1-on-1 Digital Matchmaking; and
3. Targeted Sessions where developers and/or Tier 1 companies will be able to present themselves to a group of Dutch/Danish businesses.
A more detailed program will be published soon.
Objectives of the program are:
1. To learn about the current state of affairs in Denmark and the Netherlands on offshore wind;
2. Strengthen the relationships on both public and private level, between Denmark and the Netherlands, in offshore wind;
3. Encourage business and collaboration meetings between Danish and Dutch companies and stakeholders; and
4. Identify trade and investment opportunities (and barriers) for Dutch companies within the Danish offshore wind sector and for Danish companies within the Dutch offshore wind sector.
About participation & registration
You can register yourself on the website:
The event organizers do consider it is important that participating companies fall within the aforementioned structure and substantial focus of the program. Therefore, participation is only open to (affiliated) Dutch and Danish wind energy companies. Participation costs are €250 for Dutch organizations with a maximum of 2 participants per organization. Every additional participant within a company can participate against a rate of €125,00 per person. Note that each participant must register separately. The fee includes participation in the webinars and individual matchmaking meetings.
The deadline for registering is June 18, 2021.