Most elevators nowadays are equipped with an acoustic system (bell and/or intercom system) for emergency calls. These systems are not suitable for deaf and hearing-impaired people. The European Union has incorporated the equality treatment of disabled persons in its policies and guidelines especially for the public sector. The usual emergency call systems also provide no secure way to prevent false alarms, which cause high costs by summoning emergency teams in vain. In addition safety aspects (detection of vandalism etc.) and the opportunity to provide useful information in such public places are not taken into account.
An Austrian public body is therefore looking for ICT-solutions especially for elevators but also for other indoor (e.g. entrance halls) and outdoor public places, which should fulfill the following requirements:
- barrier-free emergency call system (suitable for people with visual or hearing disabilities)
- prevention of false alarms
- detection of critical situations concerning safety: detection of vandalism and abandoned objects; prevention of violent attacks; detection of unconscious persons etc.
- monitoring of elevator operation for predictive maintenance
- interactive provision of customer-related information (e.g. news, weather, orientation plan, canteen menu, best connection for public transport, cultural programmes, event tips, sightseeings, information from building management etc.); if possible, information should be provided in a barrier-free way.
The Austrian public body is looking for solution providers from industry, preferable SMEs experienced with elevator systems for a commercial agreement with technical assistance (installation, training, maintenance) or technical cooperation agreement (adaptation, further development).
Deadline for expressions of interest (EoI) is the 31st of March 2020. All EoI will be collected until this date. Afterwards the Austrian public body will select the most promising solution providers for getting in direct contact for discussion of possible next steps.