This Bulgarian women entrepreneurship association was created by women entrepreneurs, professionals and scientists, who gathered together in the beginning of 2007 in order to create round tables involving Bulgarian and international professionals to transfer expertise and know-how to Bulgaria, aiming at establishing mutual professional relationships through an intermediation activity between institutions and enterprises. The association was the first and the only organization supporting and empowering women to become entrepreneurs.
The core activities of the association are in different areas such as:
- Management and enterprise strategy;
- Communication and marketing activities;
- Access to European financing;
- Project coordination;
- 1 to 1 consultancy;
- Women business website promotion: articles, social media posts, etc.
The organization is best represented in the regional and national level but it has also international partners from Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Turkey, Romania, Croatia, Spain, Austria, Czechia and France.
The association collaborates as an expert with agencies, ministries, regions and institutions, in order to implement different projects: training and modernization, virtual business incubators for neo-entrepreneurs, public-private partnerships, promotion and development of women’s entrepreneurship, monitoring, research, promotion of entrepreneurial values, scholarships, apprenticeships and tutoring.
The women entrepreneur’s profiles vary from education, training, coaching, law, to psychology and consulting activities.
The success registered in projects developed on the national level altogether with the experience and expertise of its trainers and consultants have encouraged the Bulgarian association to start exploring more opportunities for cooperation with partners from abroad.
Therefore, the Bulgarian association is looking to conclude with partners from EU:
- Subcontracting agreements with public or private similar networks, women NGOs and charities interested in the Bulgarian market, in order to work together in developing /organizing entrepreneurship workshops and/or conferences;
- Outsourcing agreements with SMEs or Start-ups worldwide, interested in the Bulgarian market. The potential client should be interested to offer its women employees the opportunity to be trained in entrepreneurship workshops or to participate in women entrepreneurship conferences and activities in Bulgaria and to use the services provided by the Bulgarian association.