Enterprise Europe Network

A Czech aluminium foundry equipped with innovative technologies offers to be a subcontractor to clients from automotive, electrical, engineering, food or shipbuilding industry

Country of origin:
Country: 
CZECHIA
Opportunity:
External Id: 
BOCZ20210915005
Published
15/09/2021
Last update
22/10/2021
Expiration date
23/10/2022

Keywords

Partner keyword: 
Speciality metals (including processes for working with metals)
Machine tools, other metal working equipment (excl. numeric control)
Other Industrial Products (not elsewhere classified)
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST

Summary

Summary: 
A Czech foundry producing aluminium alloys offers to be a subcontractor. Aluminium castings are primarily intended for the automotive, electrical, engineering, food and also shipbuilding industries. The company offers its potential partners comprehensive bespoke solutions - from the design and manufacture of tools to casting production, including the production of sand cores, mechanical processing and any kind of surface treatment and assembly.

Description

Description: 

The Czech company was founded in 2005 and currently employs 100 people who work in a three-shift operation scheme. It offers cooperation under subcontracting agreement.

The foundry specialises in the production of thin-walled castings and pressure-tight precise shapes and dimensions with narrow tolerances. It uses two fundamental technologies: gravity casting and low-pressure casting. Gravity die casting is utilised for the production of parts that are highly stressed (pistons, the heads of internal combustion engines, etc.). Low-pressure casting involves extruding a melt by means of pressure of 0.02 - 0.05 MPa. Both methods are used for parts with the weight between 0.1 and 25 kg and max. dimensions of 550x550 mm. The daily processing capacity of gravity casting is 12 tons and of low-pressure casting is 3 tons. Moreover, the company offers squeeze casting – similar to high pressure die casting with better performance characteristics.

The company is certified in accordance with EN ISO 9001:2008 and ISO TS 16949:2009. In addition in 2015, the company received a DNV GL Certificate of Approval of Material Manufacturer that recommends it as a supplier of castings for the shipbuilding industry in accordance with GL rules and requirements.

The company is export-oriented, since 80% of the total production is dedicated for partners abroad. This is a business strategy, which the company wants to keep and follow in the future, therefore foreign partners and projects are constantly being sought.

Advantages & innovations

Cooperation plus value: 
The company is the foundry for the future: it belongs amongst to the most dynamic, innovative and fast-growing companies that invest in newest technologies and their human resources. The innovative squeeze casting technology was developed in the cooperation with the Technical University in Liberec. The company seems to be relatively young, however, top professionals with many years of experience in the foundry industry work there. The company gained specific certificates which guarantee a high quality production level. 80% of the production is designated for export, while the other 20% is intended for Czech customers.

Partner sought

Cooperation area: 
The expected cooperation would be based on subcontracting agreement. The potential partner should be a company from automotive, electrical, engineering, food technology or shipbuilding industries that uses aluminium castings in their production programme. The mentioned sectors are not a limited factor, since these high quality aluminium castings can be used by companies in various industrial sectors.

Dissemination

Dissemination sector group : 
Dissemination preferred : 
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom