The Dutch SME specialises in the co-development and production of optical systems, assemblies, alignment systems and measurement and control equipment for the semiconductor industry. The development capability and high-quality engineering are recognised by renowned international companies in the semiconductor industry.
The Dutch SME always has invested in strategic knowledge, equipment and production facilities and carries out the comprehensive range of disciplines for high-end opto-mechatronics – or parts thereof – under one roof, including the associated software development.
All operations are carried out on machines that are capable of ensuring the closest possible tolerances, both for mechanical operations and surface treatments. If a new innovation becomes available, the Dutch SME has the capability to implement it immediately.
Examples of typical modules or products for the semiconductor industry are listed below.
Extreme Ultraviolet Source
• A system that aligns several laser sources to hit a Tin droplet at the same instant to generate an extreme ultraviolet source.
• An alignment tool ensuring that products can be re-loaded into a scanner at the exact some position as it was positioned in the scanner for the first time.
• An alignment reticle for a semiconductor device.
• A metrology instrument, incorporating mechanics, optics and electronics, for accurate measurement and control of the position of the central laser beam.
Laser guiding systems
• A corner cube, that is a component for guiding laser light inside a semiconductor device.
• A laser beam assy for transporting laser light in a semiconductor device.
• A sensor for laser beam intensity.
Extremely high precision metal parts
• A shock absorber to ensure that a motor in semiconductor equipment operates without vibration.
• A vacuum piston that is glued in a glass base (a thrust bearing).
• A disruptive vision system that sharply images 3 dimensional objects with fines detail and the highest speed. By combining a unique optical design and intelligent algorithms, the vision system extends the depth of field over 10 times compared to traditional vision systems, without loss of resolution or imaging speed.
The Dutch SME is interested in a manufacturing agreement with technical assistance . for transferring the know-how, instruments, modules or parts thereof. The associated software development is included. The company is aiming to cover a large part of the value chain.
The typical role of the Dutch SME is co-design, industrialization of the opto-mechatronic module, (complex) machining, surface treatment, optical aligning, cleanroom assembly, testing, qualification and serial production of the opto-mechatronic module, with corresponding software included.
The desired partners are system integrators, main suppliers or original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for the semiconductor industry. The partner is expected to deliver the concept specifications, to be a co-developer and to deliver the final test specifications.