With the rapid growth of online/mobile shopping, the delivery of grocery and fresh food has been increasing in the world, resulting in high demand of 24-hours fast delivery service and productivity/performance in logistics. Thus, delivery drone and autonomous droid has been developed and commercialised by global IT companies around the world.
However, there are several barriers. Autonomous droid for land delivery has a difficulty in long-distance delivery due to tough geographical condition or low mileage. High buildings in urban environments is also an obstacle to the delivery drone.
For these reasons, the Korean company is planning to develop a delivery module consisting of drone, droid and logistics station with autonomous docking and undocking technology, aiming at 24-hour safe and fast autonomous delivery system for both air transportation and land delivery. In this module, Drone will be for long distance delivery from logistics centres to city hub (Logistic station) and Droid will be for short distance delivery from city hub (Logistic station) to final destination.
In order to implement this these features above, the specification of Drone, Droid and Logistics station, required to be developed is as below. This Korean company will develop droid for land delivery, and Drone for air transportation and Logistics station will be developed by two different potential European partners respectively.
- Carrier Drone + shipping module (15kg class)
- Drone’s mission radius: farther 50km
- Drone’s cruising speed: faster 100km/h
- Operating time: over 1 hour
- A vertical take-off and vertical landing drone
- Electric power & low noise technology system
2) Droid for delivery
- Droid for delivery + shipping module (15kg class)
- Droid’s mission radius: farther 3km
- Droid’s cruising speed: faster 5km/h (Max. 10km/h)
- Operating time: over 2 hours
- Autonomous driving in urban road (side walk)
- Electric power system
3) Logistics station
- Secured area of minimum 5m X 5m to land and take off for drone
- To operate droid for 24H, all logistic stations must have charging ports
- Shipping modules are docked and undocked by droid and drone at logistic station.
- To guide Drones and Droids to logistic station
4) Docking and undocking control accuracy
- Accuracy of docking and undocking is within 1 Cm
As Korean company wishes to submit the proposal to Eureka Network on 31 August 2020, they intend to close the issuance of EOI (express of interest) for partner search on 20 August 2020.