The Finnish SME is specialised in the level 2 automation system of slab and billet casting machine and is the owner of the software product. The management of the company has been studying, researching, and implementing this software for more than 15 years. In the process, it has collected information from users and operators in order to obtain data on its performance, strengths, and weaknesses relative to other systems, facilitating continuous improvement and development of the product. The product of slab and billet is used in metalworking, automotive and building industries.
The SME operates internationally and the system has been installed on 5 machines (2 slab casters, 2 billet casters and 1 bloom caster) in the Middle East, and the customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive; e.g. customers from one factory reported that the software led to a 50 % reduction in waste.
The system is suitable for the following machines:
1. Old machines that currently operate with a level 1 automation system can be upgraded to a level 2 system in addition to the existing level 1 automation system.
2. New casting machines that do not have a level 2 automation system, or whose existing level 2 systems need improvement or upgrade.
3. Machines with an old level 2 automation system, which cannot be upgraded and hence need to be replaced with the new system.
4. Old casting machines that need to have new instrumentation installed.
The company will offer a guarantee for the system and the software for 2 years after commissioning. In addition, the company offers system maintenance for the guarantee period.
The company seeks from all over the world partners, who are looking for an affordable automation system, which offers accuracy and reliability, and which is competitive with many similar, more expensive systems. The expected partners can be:
- Slab and billet continuous casting industry companies who have a need to renew their automation systems
- Casting machine producers who do not provide level 2 automation systems
- Automation service companies, who are willing to outsource the level 2 automation systems
The Finnish SME is looking for a partner whose role is a licensee of the software receiving also aftersales services like guarantee and system maintenance.