A French SME specializing in production of fine and ultra-fine powders brings first-rate solutions to both SMEs and major groups in different areas through subcontracting activities :
- Fully customized production from grams to tons : grinding, milling and micronization, classifying and sieving, formulation and mixing, agglomeration and granulation
- Analysis and particle characterization : particle size and shape, morphological, thermal, surface
- In-house and external trainings on powders expertises : processes, analyses and characterization, and quality health safety and environment
- Consulting and support in the fields of process expertise, analysis expertise, technical consultation, specification studies
- Research and Development for customers or as an industrial partner in collaborative projects
Microencapsulation is used to trap active ingredients into a matrix, to create microspheres or microcapsules from 1µm to 1mm.
The innovation developed by the company is to dry and shape the capsules in the same process step allowing the production of a free flowing powder of microcapsules. It is performed in a fluid bed granulator. The final product is a homogeneous powder of dried microcapsules. The powder can then be easily carried out and adjusted to the final application. With this innovation, it is also possible to perform the shaping step in the same equipment (agglomeration, granulation, coating). Drying and shaping could be performed in continuous mode, avoiding cross-contamination by any manipulation between the two steps and minimizing material loss.
The innovative process can be adapted to the requirements of the final use of the product and to the needed batch size, as it can easily be performed either batch or continuous mode.
Encapsulated raw materials can be hydrophobic or hydrophilic, and in a liquid-state or a solid-state. Encapsulating materials have to be specifically determined by encapsulated materials constraints.
This innovation can be used in all type of industries such as :
- Textile : sustained-release encapsulation of antimicrobial, hydrating or perfuming agents for examples.
- Biomedical : As example of microcapsules containing anti-inflammatory drug that are positioned at the surface of an implant, with controlled release of the drug at the interface of the living tissue.
- Cosmetics : Microcapsules containing pigments, perfumes or sensible active ingredients, which are released in time or during the application of the product.
- Pharmaceutics : Encapsulation of active principle ingredient (API). The formulation of the microcapsules is adapted to the acidity of the target organ, in order to control the release of this API.
- Food/Feed : Microcapsules can include flavours that can be sensible to oxidation or hydrolysis. It can also include bad taste ingredients as specific nutritional supplements. The formulation can be adapted to dissolve or break the capsule in mouth or in stomach for example.
The company is interested in partnerships through subcontracting agreements. The partner would provide wet capsules to the French company to dry and shape the capsules according to the needs of the final client.