A French SME specialized in software programming and digitalization services offers an electronic laboratory notebook for laboratories and R&D structures.
R&D organizations have to deal with challenges related to scientific integrity, capitalization of knowledge and management of scientific data. Digitalizing their laboratory notebook can be a concrete answer to that as it gives the ability to simplify access to reliable information, improve their competitiveness and boost innovation.
The R&D project management is very complex. Capitalizing on past results is certainly one of the most important key to enhance the innovative capability of R&D structures, but rarely used due to lack of a performant software.
It is currently hard for a scientific laboratory and other R&D organization to find a software that fits their operational and management needs. Most of the solutions are either too expensive or too specific to a field of science and doesn’t provide appropriate support.
Some of the softwares are slightly/not maintained, has lack of scalability and/or are not secure enough to protect the data.
The French SME hence created a unique software to digitalize R&D projects and related activities whatever the scientific field (health, biotech, agrofood, chemistry…). This augmented electronic lab notebook is designed by scientists for scientists, in order to reduce costs by improving R&D environment’s efficacity, avoid error risks or data loss, and boost collaborative work and knowledge sharing within organizations.
It easily enables to:
- Manage the programs: save time by centralizing data, plan experimentations, set goals, collect and analyze results, sign study reports, etc.
- Control the quality policy and its implementation: centralize information, ensure traceability and secure strategic data, simplify organization and harmonize internal processes, distribute the last SOPs (standard operating procedures) and best practices, …
- Collaborate in real-time with the team members: simplify exchanges inside the laboratory and remotely, get a clear view of all the projects, and stay notified of the last scientific breakthroughs.
- Supervise the laboratory's equipment: improve the equipment’s management and get alerts of future maintenances
The main features are:
- Project management: laboratory notebook, results tables, link with the equipment, standardization of processes
- Equipment management: dashboard, automation, maintenance reminders and alerts, data exports
- Quality Management: dashboard, validation and distribution of SOPs, reading and follow-up of quality documents, electronic document management.
- Collaborative work: common bibliography, quick link sharing, real-time exchanges, remote access
- Management: follow-up of the objectives, data exports, digital signature, rights management
- Rights and permissions by project, by team, by role, by user
- Security and control: user authentication, logs and metrics monitoring, access rights, management, session management
- Time saving: Search engine, advanced filters, tags and keywords, drag and drop
- Services: support and technical assistance, evolution of functionalities, regular updates, webinars
The company’s prior mission is to make the electronic laboratory notebook an affordable tool, so the maximum of organizations in the R&D ecosystem can easily benefit from it and better valorize their technology. Unlike the other solutions, this augmented electronic lab notebook doesn’t require to pay additional fees for each additional module, it is an all-in-one software (that the unique price covers all the laboratory features). The software can be hosted on-premise (own server) or in the cloud, depending on the company's choice.
The company is offering commercial agreements with technical assistance to SMEs and private or public laboratories willing to digitalize their R&D activities with a unique, efficient and secure software