The company is a French start-up originates from the ecosystem of industrial and academic research on smart grids. The company was founded in 2018 and develops a strong R&D experience and expertise in two areas: power distribution system engineering, and software engineering & telecoms.
Its customers are Distribution System Operators and Municipalities.
It has developed a unique know-how, as well as hardware and software tools, to design, develop, test and validate smart grid technologies. With respect to existing standard simulation software designed for the analysis of power distribution grids, the tools take into account important features of smartgrids such as telecommunication aspects. The hardware tools also make it possible to validate smart grids technologies in a close-to-real environment, before these technologies are taken to the field for demonstration; by comparison, standard analyses purely based on simulation software remain relatively theoretical.
Overall, the hardware and software setup, along with the technical expertise of the team, make it possible to develop smart grid technologies faster and with more realism that with conventional approaches.
The company is looking for research and/or technical partners to experiment with its smart grids technologies and to develop new smart grid technologies in a collaborative manner. For example:
- partners for collaborative R&D (e.g. European projects) such as Distribution System Operators;
- flexible electricity end-users (= owners or operators of flexible appliances;energy-managed buildings or plants, etc);
- manufacturers of flexible appliances (photovoltaic inverters; charging stations / electric vehicles ; etc), and potentially storage;
- manufacturers of behind-the-meter energy management technologies (Building Management Systems ; etc);
- manufacturers of smart metering technology (smart meters, advanced metering infrastructure and related software).
The company projects could possibly also involve telecommunication service providers ; energy regulators; and municipalities (eg in the context of a project where a municipality wants to deploy a set of charging stations for electric vehicles).