A young German company produces an innovative sensor system for fertility determination.
The product is a hormone-free, safe and digital sensor system which is developed to make the symptothermal method easy and accessible for every woman.
The sensor determines ovulation as well as the (in)fertile days precisely and measures women’s body core temperature and not only the surface temperature. The transmission of the measured temperature values does not occur from the inside of the body. There is no radiation when the product is in use inside the body.
The sensor is made of medical silicone and is worn like a tampon while sleeping.
By using this medical device natural family planning can be implemented in a self-determined way.
The product consists of a sensor, an associated docking station and a mobile app.
Mode of operation:
● The product is comparable with a commercially available tampon; vaginal use only at night
● The product is based on the symptothermal method, which combines the observation of body core temperature and cervical mucus
● The nature of cervical mucus is determined by the woman and entered in the app
● The confirmation of ovulation only takes place when the required temperature shift has been clearly identified and matches the development of the cervical mucus
The sensor in daily use:
● introduce the sensor before going to sleep
● it measures temperature values at night
● remove it the next morning
● the sensor is put in its box
● temperature data are sent to a server
● server evaluates the data and sends them to the woman`s smartphone where the app is installed
● Women with an active desire to have children
● Women looking for a hormone-free contraceptive
● Women who want to understand their body and its physical processes
● Women with a fundamental interest in their cycle due to health reasons
Data security is very important, as there is no storage or transfer of the users` personal data. Moreover there is no use of real names, so drawing conclusions about users`s behaviour is impossible.
The product has the certification as a medical device (class 2a) by TÜV Rheinland which is an EU wide certification standard. An application for the certification as a class 2b product - as hormone-free contraceptive - is in process.
The company is keen to enter new markets and is interested in contacts to distribution and trade partners from all other countries.