The company is located in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and was founded in 2019 by experienced engineers who have worked for renown organisations such as NASA, Fraunhofer and Qualcomm. Since then, they have implemented AI projects for various internationally reputed manufacturing companies along the whole value chain of aluminium casting. For the value the company provides to clients, the company was awarded as one of the best eight of 490 data companies across Europe (European Data Incubator, EU Horizon 2020).
The company’s solutions focus on improving the Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) (quality, machine availability & performance) in manufacturing processes with the support of advanced analytics of production data. The technological solution to be distributed or commercialized through the cooperation partner is an easy-to-use, secure & fast-to-implement industrial artificial intelligence software to reduce rejections in aluminium low-pressure die-casting. The software uses artificial intelligence to detect quality deviations early on, and to recommend optimal casting parameters to reduce rejections. This information is provided in real-time on computers, tablets and mobile devices in an easy and clear software, which was specifically developed for the usage in die-casting companies.
The software uses a unique hybrid algorithm based on the metallurgical equations of the specific casting process and uses machine learning to get more accurate insights from production data (e.g. from programmable logic controllers (PLCs), sensors & quality systems). As per customer preference, the software can be installed on local servers all common cloud architectures and comes with certified data security standards. The software has proven results from manufacturing companies such as reducing: scrap rates, energy consumption, human efforts and increasing productivity.
Among the relevant experiences of the German provider are over 30 successfully implemented projects in the domain of industrial big data and advanced analytics for the manufacturing industry. Particularly relevant applications are:
- Improvement of quality rate in low-pressure-die-casting wheel manufacturing (quality prediction & recommendation of optimal process conditions)
- OEE optimization in chemical alumina manufacturing with machine learning (quality prediction & recommendation of optimal process conditions in the Bayer Process)
- OEE optimization in aluminium coil casting with machine learning (quality prediction & recommendation of optimal process conditions in the casting of aluminium coils)
- Optimization of energy consumption for twin-chamber furnaces in the aluminium melting process with machine learning (determination of optimal fuel composition & heating cycles)
- Reduction of scrap in aluminium coil leveling / Litho lines (determination of optimal levelling machine parameter settings to avoid first layer impressions)
The German company is looking for software providers, consulting companies, and machine builders to provide digital offerings to die-casting companies, especially in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) under a commercial agency agreement and subcontracting agreement. The partnership is envisage as a mutual collaboration to enter new markets, and jointly offering the software solution for low-preasure-die-casting.
The German company will provide the state-of-the-art technological solution and the partner the market knowledge and the strategic connections to companies using die-casting as a process.