An independent, German, non-profit research institute active in R&D in photonics and laser technology offers services in the field of research, development, consulting and training to companies.
Their services range from small batch orders to the development and integration of comprehensive processes of laser technologies and photonics dedicated to:
1. Manufacturing processes and materials processing
- laser processing of composite materials
- laser processing of metals (laser joining, laser separation, laser surface treatment)
- additive manufacturing (macro, micro and nano scale)
- laser-based glass processing (surface treatment, separating, joining, forming and consulting, analysis, process development and monitoring)
- laser processing of organic materials
2. Optical components
- coating and thin-film technology
3. Analysis techniques
- sample preparation
- analysis methods (imaging processes, others)
4. Laser development
- consulting and development
Beside these services the research institute offers consulting, feasibility studies, laser and occupational safety services within all the mentioned thematic fields.
The institutes' aim is to support the transfer of basic research results to innovative applications for their clients, by providing expertise and their well-equipped facilities.
They are willing to work as a subcontractor or under an outsourcing agreement. This can help companies with shrinking or missing R&D capacities or specifically missing equipment as well as companies willing to enter new production processes, using new materials or developing products beyond their existing portfolio.
The research institute is also open to join suitable consortiums for H2020 proposals as subcontractor or other.