A German producer of zero waste spa amenities has developed recyclable and compostable multiuse spa slippers made from natural fibres. The SME is looking for an industrial partner for the manufacturing of the hotel slippers, which can offer different technologies to produce and customise the slippers for the final client. Type of partnership agreement could be a manufacturing or subcontracting agreement.
The German SME is looking for a technology partner in the field of textile cutting of fabrics and various other flat materials. The company will bring in their understanding approach of sustainable practices for the production of slippers.
1. Laminate/layer 3 materials (natural fibre fabric, felt, sole material (5,5 mm) to one 3-level sandwich layer, lamination of materials (for the die-cut process). If for the lamination process a glue is needed, they request only environmental friendly ones.
2. Die-cut the sandwich layer to the format of soles, with a system that eliminates the loss of material to the max.
3. Bringing 3 materials (fabric, felt, fabric) to one 3-level sandwich layer, lamination of materials (for the die-cut process) of the hood. If for the lamination process a glue is needed, we the SME requestsire only environmental friendly ones.
4. Die-cut this second layer of (fabric/felt/fabric), sewing of hood/cap
5. Marriage of slipper sole and hood with a bias tape sewing around the slipper.
6. Customisation of the slipper (embroidery and labels)
8 yearly demand between 200K to 500K of slipper for year one.
The SME is looking for an experienced small to midsize industry partner
Specific area of activity of the partner: Textile die-cut and automated sewing technology, (embroidery /stitch) for hotel slipper.
Tasks to be performed by the partner sought:
The company is seeking a professional partner in the field of textile confection. Tasks of the partner will be die-cut of natural materials, such as soles and fabrics, sewing of components, the marriage of all components to the final product. Offering the availability of different customisations of slippers. Packaging of products ready for international shipping according to clients demand.
Co-operation can be arranged under a manufacturing or subcontracting agreement.