Since the German company was founded in 2013, it develops and manufactures laser based solutions for tissue and material cutting. Among other products, their portfolio consists of the following laboratory devices and solutions for laser processing and imaging:
1. OCT-image Guided Laser Microtome
The laser microtome is a multi-purpose sectioning instrument, which enables precise and contact free cutting of biological samples and a broad range of other biomaterials. It can be used for sectioning, structuring or gentle extraction of samples and materials in 2D and 3D for analysis. Compared to conventional methods of mechanical tissue preparation the device can also be used for serial sectioning of undecalcified hard tissue and implant-including tissues with almost no material loss.
The instrument can be used in the following fields:
- Osteology and Orthopedics (non-decalcified hard tissue and implant interface research)
- Cardiology and cardiovascular research and medicine (soft tissue with biomaterials and stents, calcified plaques)
- Regenerative medicine and tissue engineering (implants, scaffolds)
- Oro-facial and dental medicine (non-decalcified hard tissues with metal, ceramic or polymer implants)
- Oto-laryngealogy and audiology (e.g. cochlea, implants)
- Preclinical studies from mouse to large animal models
2. Laser Based Nanodissection System
The cutting microscope provides a powerful technology platform for precise and gentle laser dissection which enables precise, contact-free 3D-nanodissection of living cells and even subcellular structures. It is a versatile and modular tool suitable for a wide range of applications in biological, medical and pharmaceutical research from subcellular cutting to laser based tissue manipulations in small animal models. The tool combines laser dissection and microscopic imaging in one instrument and is applicable in several fields.
The instrument can be applied in the following fields:
- Dissection of subcellular structures, e.g. cutting of single cytoskeletal filaments
- Optical knockout or ablation of specific cell organelles
- Isolation of single cells or cell clusters for further cellular or biochemical analysis in tissues up to small model organisms
- Laser injury models (e.g. vascular, neural)
3. Customized Laser Cutting Solutions
The company also develops customized laser cutting solutions for sample preparation in medtech, pharma, biotech and materials research. They offer:
- Modular and customized systems
- Integration of laser cutting tools into existing imaging systems
- Development of concepts, new methods and systems for the use of ultrashort pulse laser systems
- Development of new applications and protocols
The SME is already engaged in transnational cooperations and represented in several countries such as China, Japan, UK and Korea. In order to expand their business, the company is looking for partners interested in manufacturing or commercial agreements for their laser cutting instruments.