This French non-profit organisation has been created in 2016 by French hospitals and French health agency to promote research, innovation, evaluation, training and ethics in Paris region.
Dedicated to geriatrics and gerontology fields, this organisation brings together a community of stakeholders in research, care (in the city, in the hospital, in the medical-social institution), training and business. It helps to evaluate actions taken for ageing people in terms of prevention, care, technical assistance and training of health professionals.
The French organisation has a strong expertise in clinical research and evaluation directly in the field: in geriatrics institutions and at home.
This organisation scientifically measures the clinical, economic, ethical and practical aspects of innovations addressed to everyhting about and around elderly people: elderly people themselves, medical and care professionals as well as personnal and family caregivers.
The research themes include the following:
- Silver economy, digital and technological innovations for the maintenance of dependency and for caregivers
- Early identification and care of the frailty of the elderly
- Pathologies associated with ageing, in particular:
(1) Alzheimer's disease
(2) cardiovascular pathologies
- Side effects of medications on frail elderly people
- Care pathways and their evaluation
- Biology of longevity
- Psychiatry of the elderly
- Management of depression in the elderly.
Research and technical copperation agreements are sought in all research topics and innovation concerning the elderly and their close and professional environment.
A cooperation may also be possible only as a partner and/or expert in ageing throught Horizon 2020 Work Programme "Health, demographic change and wellbeing" by putting its expertise and network to the service of a project leader.
This French organization will not be coordinator of the project.