The company's expertise stems from decades of development and manufacturing of wound care product solutions.
The current company markets are France and Europe.
The product portfolio includes:
- therapeutic mattresses, whether active air, memory foam or hybrid,
- active air seat cushions,
- repositioning cushions,
- technical aids.
In Europe, the cost of illness associated with pressure ulcers consumes up to 4% of the annual health care budget.
Pressure ulcers are common, affecting 20% of all patients, 50% to 80% are facility acquired and they cause 60,000 deaths every year.
Pressure ulcer prevalence is 2-4 in 1,000 individuals and affects approximately 2 million people.
20% to 25% of beds are occupied by pressure ulcer patients.
Average time to pressure ulcer healing is 224 days.
Since the cost of pressure ulcer prevention is on average 3.6 times less than the cost of treatment, focus is placed on product benefits that enhance prevention, including the high risk population: those suffering from multiple complications up to full thickness pressure ulcers.
Particular emphasis is placed on clinical outcomes that encompass but are not limited to:
- redistributing pressures by transferring loading from risk areas with lower support capability to lower risk areas with higher support capability, and by increasing contact surface, tissue perfusion and comfort,
- low pressure therapy and optimum air pressure signature to maintain tissue viability,
- limited shear and friction (mechanical forces that, together with pressure, contribute to tissue injury and pressure ulcer formation),
- individual air cell deflation that can help achieve zero pressure underneath at-risk areas of the body or prone positioning to improve respiratory gas exchange in pulmonary or cardiovascular complications,
- management of skin micro-climate that makes skin more susceptible to pressure ulcer damage,
- mobility and prevention of postural disorders that may cause pressure ulcers, pain, discomfort, anatomical deformations, breathing difficulties, digestive problems, depression, anxiety, mental suffering etc.
Additional attention is given to relieve caregivers from low added-value activities and to assist them in concentrating on bed-side care.
Wherever applicable, routine actions are replaced by automatic operation of the products.
Similarly, self-adjustment of either the supporting capacity of the therapy surface versus body weight and position, or of the micro-climate at the interface with the body, takes precedence over complex or repetitive and cumbersome manual settings.
For its range of wound care solutions and anti-pressure ulcer equipments, the company is looking for distributors or sales agents with experience in similar products.