An irish innovation-based biotechnology company, providing germ free eggs seeking a distribution contract to supply companies who make vaccinations in the pharmaceutical industry
The company has developed a process of producing germ free chicken eggs and germ free birds in commercial quantities for use primarily in the pharmaceutical industry.
Germ-Free eggs are preferred as currently 10-20% of eggs produced from normal or specific pathogen free laying flocks are infected with bacteria and viruses on the inside provides many advantages over current sources of eggs.
The company can also offer large scale production of recombinant proteins to good manufacturing practice standard using an avian transgenic platform compliant with usda memo 800.65, nace code 2120 manufacture of pharmaceutical preparations and european pharmacopoeia requirements.
Applications of germ free eggs/cells/tissues
1. Conventional (prophylactic) vaccines
- whole egg
- primary cell cultures
- modified vaccinia ankarabased (e.g. bioterrorism vaccines)
- other pox virus-based vaccines
2. Therapeutic vaccines
- cancer vaccines (e.g. modified vaccine ankarabased-based cervical (human papillomavirus ) vaccine, lung (cell lung cancer) vaccines)
- infections agents (e.g. human immunodeficiency viruses )
3. Pharmaceutical (e.g. hyaluronic acid, phospholipids)
The company has received patent protection in both europe and the US for the process by which it produces germ free eggs and further patent approvals are pending.
The company is interested in finding opportunities to grow the business on world markets, and to provide distribution agreements to locate a distribution centre in a local market (either Europe, USA or Brazil) to help deliver a unique product.