Founded in Israel in 1965, the company has an unparalleled track record of technological breakthroughs in desalination, industrial water treatment and water reuse. The Company works in partnership with a wide range of customers - municipalities, oil & gas, mining, refineries and power stations - on all aspects of water projects, delivering more than 3 million m3/day of high quality water worldwide.
Each project and customer has its unique requirements and challenges that the company strives to meet. The Company’s track record spans 400 plants in over 40 countries.
The Company offers the most advanced water desalination solutions:
- Thermal desalination: multi-effect distillation (MED) that utilizes a low-pressure steam process, and mechanical vapour compression (MVC) with a proprietary electrically driven mechanical compressor. (The Company has constructed some of the world’s largest MED plants in China and India).
- Membrane desalination (reverse osmosis (RO)), including the design, erection and operation of some of the largest plants worldwide in the US, Israel, Australia.
- Seawater Reserve Osmosis (SWRO) modular, chemical-free desalination ‘plant-in-a-box’.
In the field of industrial water treatment the company provides solutions for:
- acid mine drainage,
- tailing pond water treatment,
- cooling tower blowdown,
- refinery waste water treatment,
- flue gas desulfurization
- enhanced oil recovery produced water treatment,
- steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) water treatment packages,
- coal seam gas (CSG) water treatment,
- zero liquid discharge (ZLD).
The Company's solutions for industrial water treatment have been implemented in the plant in Wintershall, Germany- which provides a superior alternative for oil recovery; and that in Tutuka, South Africa- a cost-effective, eco-friendly cooling tower blowdown reuse plant.
The Company also provides wastewater reuse solutions:
- direct potable reuse (DPR) (direct clean water supply),
- indirect potable reuse (IPR) (supply through a groundwater aquifer),
- medium quality reused water (for ash removal, coal watering, die washing),
- high quality reused water (for power plants, refineries, steel manufacturing),
- ultra high quality reused water (high pressure boiler feed water or as feed water for clean manufacturing environments).
The company is considering municipalities and industrial companies as potential partners and is ready to offer development and installation of waste water treatment facilities as a subcontractor through a subcontracting agreement.