This company was established in 2014 in northern Italy with expertise related to diesel engine design and development. Decades- long extensive experience of key managers on development and manufacturing of diesel engines have set up the basis of a robust know-how. Starting from this strong basis, an innovative technology has been developed to design, calculate, simulate, develop, build and test diesel-electric hybrid powertrain as well as fully electric powertrain and battery packs. It may be in the form of a parallel-hybrid system where the two power sources share the output shaft, or series hybrid (“range extender”) where the on-board diesel engine only purpose is to charge the battery pack. It may also be a fully electric plug- in system. These architectures address several issues that diesel powered equipment manufacturers are facing, like fuel cost, emission regulations, new functional requirement from the market:
• it improves the fuel economy, by 10 to 30% compared to the traditional equivalent machine, depending on duty cycle, equipment requirement etc.
• it extends the use of equipment traditionally utilized outdoor to indoor activities
• it provides a moving electric power source
• it reduces the needs of costly exhaust aftertreatment systems
The sectors of application are many: potentially all those currently covered by diesel-engine-powered machines and electric-motor-powered machines, e.g.
- construction (Excavators, loaders, scrapers etc.);
- mining industry;
- agriculture (tractors, or any other self-moving agriculture machines);
- cranes and lifting;
- industry (forklifts, container handling, AGV….);
- Municipality vehicles (road sweepers, garbage removal….);
- airport ground support equipment.
A tailor made or standard battery pack can also be manufactured and offered to fit specific machinery requirement: voltage, capacity and power discharge can be adapted to the case.
The existing technology of the company can be complemented and optimized by cooperating with engineering/manufacturing companies with competence in power electronics, inverters, battery management systems, control units.
The company is interested in technical and research cooperation agreements by providing its expertise and/or their systems with European manufacturers of machinery. They can also collaborate in the fields of strategy development, proposal preparation, implementation, and exploitation.