An Italian company, specialized in rail freight transport, operates a port of land located in the heart of the Italian ceramic district and seeks road transport operators potentially interested in rail and combined transport. It also looks for companies acting as aggregators of large transport demand flows to and from Italy (importers-exporters), and is interested in a service contract. The company is interested in a long term mutual cooperation with their partners.
The company operates in the intermodal sector and in the sector of palletized packaged and bulk raw materials. The company is a certified railway company and thus capable to offer a 360° full logistic service to all its customers. The company performs rail freight transportation in the Region of Emilia Romagna, with particular focus on shunting services in the main railway stations of the region. The company provides combining traction services with additional logistics services and terminals’ management, in order to provide "door to door" full service packages to its customers. The company is connected by rail with the port of Ravenna ( due to its proximity to the ceramic district), the ports of Genoa, Livorno and La Spezia, joining the historical links with Germany, France and other main European markets.
In addition, the company manages a railway freight yards and owns also a fleet of 40 vehicles. 19 of these vehicles are registered in the NVR (National Vehicle Register) and, thus, are used for trains running on the national railway infrastructure. Such engine units include the following types of vehicles:
- G2000 – diesel locomotive with an hourly power output of 2240 kW;
- D220 – diesel locomotive with an hourly power output of 1618 kW;
- E483 – electric locomotive with an hourly power output of 4200 kW.
The remaining 22 units belong to the category of vehicles suitable for shunting service and for driving trains that can circulate on the regional railway infrastructure of Emilia Romagna.
The company is able to perform the following types of transports:
- railway freights, including weighing service for trains above 1,600 tons (ref. Italian Law General Preface of Service Timetable Art. 60);
- transport of hazardous materials as per Italian Law Chapter 2.1 of RID, with exception of Classes 1 and 7;
- waste transports, 4C class (collection and transportation of special non-hazardous waste) and 5F class (Collection and transportation of hazardous waste).