Electricity is indispensable for modern life, even in an off-grid or at independent facilities separated from the power grid where a stable power supply is not available. To gain access to reliable electricity in off-grid locations, the Korean company has developed a PV-based power supply and storage system that can be easily installed in an off-grid environment, such as remote public service facilities or outdoors.
The developed product is provided in two types:
- Starter pack consists of a solar panel and a main system battery pack.
- Expansion pack with an additional solar panel and battery pack for expansion installation.
The product has the following features as below.
Power generation & storage capacity:
• A 60W monocrystalline PV panel is included in the starter pack.
• Expendable power generation capacity up to 240W by adding 2 pcs of 120W PV Panels.
• Max storage capacity is 1,024wh with 512Wh*N by adding battery packs (The storage capacity can be extended as much as the user needs by adding battery packs).
• When connected to the on-grid, battery pack charging gets activated when the photovoltaic energy generation is not available.
• 12.8V, 40Ah LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery pack is included in the starter pack and the battery pack is expandable by adding an extra one.
• Easy to replace when the battery packs are needed to be exchanged.
Power supply or charging:
• DC 5V 2 ports including 1 USB port for mobile device quick charging with max 2Ah output in total.
• DC 12V 2 ports with max. 10Ah output in total.
• DC 24V 2 ports including 1 port for the solar street lights supporting auto turn-on, turn-off, and dimming at sunrise and sunset, with max 15Ah output in total.
• Selection of vertical, horizontal surface and pole mount are available according to the user's need and condition of the installation site.
• Adjustable bracket for the solar panel is included to maximize energy output by changing the angle to face the sun.
• IP 66 certified.
• Wind resistance of up to 50m/s when installed.
• Sanded and anodized aluminium enclosure and installation brackets to prevent it from corrosion.
• Airtight housing built by aluminium enclosures, gasket seal closures, and ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) covers.
• Ribs of aluminium enclosures widening surface area for easy dissipation of internal heat.
The Korean SME is now seeking a distribution partner or commercial agency to sell PV-based power supply and storage systems.